SPRING CLEANUP – CEE’S ODDBALL PHOTOGRAPHY

Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: April 9, 2017

Today was garden cleaning. It’s a mess out there, partly because it’s spring — it’s always a mess in the spring — but also because we had a particularly klutzy plow driver who did considerable damage. And before you ask, yes, he got paid anyway.

But, at least we got out the mass of dead leaves and old plants from last year. More to come, but we might — if we work fast — get there!

COB-Banner

18 thoughts on “SPRING CLEANUP – CEE’S ODDBALL PHOTOGRAPHY

• Marilyn Armstrong April 10, 2017 / 12:54 am

It’s just hopping a little, but it’s obviously on the way. One nice week of warm weather, and it’ll really spring 🙂

• Covert Novelist April 10, 2017 / 2:17 am

I know, Right, me too. It’s still raining and winds are high. The ferry couldn’t run, winds were 80 MPH. When they finally left, they were still skipping like a stone, with lots of sea sick people who’d previously said ferries were overly cautious, until they started puking. Lol.

• Garry Armstrong April 10, 2017 / 12:34 pm

My jeans need a sharper crease. Nice to have tee shirt weather again. But I’m not lulled by one or two days. Spring here is like the Red Sox bull pen.

1. angloswiss April 10, 2017 / 1:05 am

Glad to see you have a good gardener to clear up the garden and I am sure he does it gladly 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong April 10, 2017 / 2:09 am

I’m the great gardener and I’m not all that great. Owen is pretty good, when he tries, but I wish we had a gardener for real. We could really use one.

• Garry Armstrong April 10, 2017 / 12:35 pm

Gladly?? Well, I just pitched in at the end.

• angloswiss April 10, 2017 / 1:40 pm

Always take photos, that is the main thing. You might get a Pulitzer with a photo of Garry clearing the garden.

2. draliman April 10, 2017 / 3:27 am

I did a bit of gardening yesterday. Just to make things look a little bit tidier.

• Marilyn Armstrong April 10, 2017 / 12:49 pm

That’s pretty much it. Cleaned out some of the mess from the fall. Real gardening — like planting — that’s going to wait because it’s too early and anyway, I have no idea what I should plant.

3. swo8 April 10, 2017 / 12:11 pm

We have the front all cleaned up and the crocuses are out and tulips aren’t far behind. It’s such a good feeling. Now we have the back to work on. It’s a whole different ball game. Ops…sorry about that Garry.

• Garry Armstrong April 10, 2017 / 12:35 pm

Careful, Leslie, careful!!!

• swo8 April 10, 2017 / 12:37 pm

You’re right Garry. After all that work I have to be able to make dinner after.

4. Cee Neuner April 10, 2017 / 12:51 pm

We need to do some spring cleaning too. It’s just the weather hasn’t been good enough. We are back to being cloudy and windy.

• Marilyn Armstrong April 10, 2017 / 1:09 pm

We are getting a nice week. I don’t know how long it will last. Garry tends to be pessimistic about our weather, with good reason. For the moment — probably at least for the next four or five days — we get warm, dry weather. If I can just get things cleared out a bit, that would make it better. The garden isn’t a garden. It’s a horrible MESS.