ODDBALLS

Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: April 30, 2017

Oddballs. Good to think about now that spring is arriving with piles of caterpillars and of course, those big black ants. I love warmer weather, but the bugs really get me. I suppose living in the country, you have to deal with them … and I do. OUTSIDE. Not in here. And not when they show up by the millions and eat my trees.

The caterpillars are tiny right now and the trees are not fully in leaf. All this rain may help keep them from doing as much damage. I hope so. I really sincerely heart of my heart, hope so.

Dog treats
Cameras, lined up and waiting to go
Porcelain pig with greenies
Front hallway

COB-Banner

11 thoughts on “ODDBALLS

1. angloswiss May 2, 2017 / 1:01 am

Perhaps you will have more luck this year with the caterpillar invasion and they with move on to somewhere else.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 2, 2017 / 1:03 am

The heavy rain MAY help. It produces a natural disease that kills many of them. The reason it was so bad last year was because it was so dry, but this year , it’s not dry. I live in hope.

2. Cee Neuner May 2, 2017 / 10:44 am

MacKenzie eats greenies too. Terrific odd balls Marilyn 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong May 2, 2017 / 1:33 pm

I like to think the greenies are helping their teeth. But they really LIKE them and they do give them a nice chewing experience, so they are probably not bad for them. They are about half the price on Amazon as they are in our local PetSmart!

3. swo8 May 2, 2017 / 12:16 pm

Funny to see the doggy treats with the kettle. I do hope those caterpillars die out before they become a problem this year.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 2, 2017 / 1:34 pm

I hope so too. There’s no guarantee, but usually they eat themselves to death during their second year. The problem is we will lose trees this year. The old ones, the sickly one. I’m hoping not too many.

• swo8 May 2, 2017 / 3:22 pm

Hope the wet weather does the caterpillars in.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 2, 2017 / 6:05 pm

The sun seems to have come out (again), so maybe tomorrow will be a sunny day. I hope the wet weather does the little buggers in. There’s no way to know, but I sure do hope so.

• swo8 May 2, 2017 / 7:30 pm

I hope the weather’s better tomorrow because I have some things I want to plant – the Easter Lily, some ranunculus and some Asian Lilies.

4. evilsquirrel13 May 3, 2017 / 1:36 am

Maybe there will be enough rain to wash them all away. A flood of caterpillars into the river and out into the ocean. Some might interpret that as some kind of Biblical sign, though…

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:41 am

I don’t know about washing them away, but the dampness causes them to develop a couple of diseases that can kill them off by the millions. I’ve got my fingers crossed — double!