WHICH WAY BY THE MILL AND POND – GARRY ARMSTRONG

Cee’s Which Way Photo Challenge – May 5, 2017

Passing the old Linwood Mill by the pond
The road passes between the old mill and adjoins the pond. Welcome to the pond!
Old stone steps lead down to the water, but only the swans use them today
Cross from one side of the pond to the mill on the other

19 thoughts on “WHICH WAY BY THE MILL AND POND – GARRY ARMSTRONG

1. omniclassic May 7, 2017 / 12:46 am

The bottom shot including the cross walk and road centerline is the more “going which way” of the two.

2. reocochran May 7, 2017 / 12:53 am

I enjoyed the scenery, pretty street and buildings but loved the graceful swan in the pond, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 7, 2017 / 1:04 am

Swans are my favorite local bird. Of course, they aren’t really local. They were brought over from England in the 1700s and liked it here. They are all over North American today. Immigrants!

• reocochran May 7, 2017 / 1:30 am

Ha ha, Marilyn. I’m rather careful to consider details over rushing to say something. The 1700’s is a rather long time ago and while “local” may not be the swan’s roots, I could feel that it could be interpreted to mean nearly long enough to be considered “local.” 😉

• Marilyn Armstrong May 7, 2017 / 1:46 am

I just wanted to point our how great an immigrant our swans have been 😀

• Garry Armstrong May 7, 2017 / 12:14 pm

Papa Swan is a graduate of the Norma Desmond School of Acting. Always ready for his closeup.

3. Cee Neuner May 7, 2017 / 10:19 am

Hi Garry, I always enjoy it when you join in my challenges. Great photos. 😀

• Garry Armstrong May 7, 2017 / 12:14 pm

Thanks, Cee. Fun to participate.

4. swo8 May 7, 2017 / 1:58 pm

Lovely architecture in your neck of the woods, Garry.

• Garry Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 12:24 pm

Thanks, Leslie. It was the one nice day in this recent spell gray and or rainy days.

• swo8 May 8, 2017 / 1:54 pm

The sun has come out finally but it is still pretty cool.

• Garry Armstrong May 9, 2017 / 11:52 am

Leslie, El Sol is playin’ hide ‘n seek with us. Mostly hide. Coolish also here.

• swo8 May 9, 2017 / 12:02 pm

When it does get here it will probably be over kill and we’ll be sweltering.

• Garry Armstrong May 9, 2017 / 12:06 pm

You’re right, Leslie. And, people will be complaining. Short memories.

• swo8 May 9, 2017 / 12:06 pm

I’d rather be too warm than cold – any day.

• Garry Armstrong May 9, 2017 / 12:09 pm

Me, too, Leslie. I’m a tee shirt, shorts and boat shoes/mocs guy. I’d even try to get some sun on our back porch if we’re not invaded by caterpillars and other bugs.

• swo8 May 9, 2017 / 12:12 pm

I’d be happy to just wear a bathing suit. Travel light. Yes that sun on the back porch is a real vitamin D gold mine.(feels good too)