VERNAL NON EQUINOX

THURSDAY’S SPECIAL: VERNAL

jupiter najnajnoviji

15 thoughts on “VERNAL NON EQUINOX

1. slmret May 11, 2017 / 12:28 am

That’s a beautiful yellow tulip!

• Marilyn Armstrong May 11, 2017 / 12:30 am

Thank you. I thought it was exactly perfect. It has been so cold that the flowers usually out by now aren’t, so there have been no new flowers to shoot. Strange season.

2. slmret May 11, 2017 / 12:33 am

It’s been an unusual season here — rainier than usual, May Gray but with mist too.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 11, 2017 / 12:37 am

It has been rainy and more like March than May. But we get strange weather here. We’ve had April that are in the 90s and June where you need heat. You can’t predict anything.

• slmret May 11, 2017 / 1:00 am

We’ve had February in March, and now June in May — who knows what the rest of the summer will be, if not hot and dry! They are already predicting a bad fire season, and telling people to clear defensible space around their homes.

3. Paula May 11, 2017 / 2:44 am

There you are, and you added something so cheerfully vernal. I like it, Marilyn. May the sunshine soon shine on your window. Thank you.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 11, 2017 / 9:28 am

I’m sure we will get summer, probably one day in the middle of next week. But for now, although the leaves are almost fully opened — EVEN here where they are oak — it’s definitely cold enough to need heat at night. This isn’t the first time by any means. I remember one summer where we spent two weeks on Martha’s Vineyard — the final two weeks of June — and we needed a fire at night and had to go out and buy blankets and sweaters. I think it warmed up for the last few days. It was beautiful, but COLD. Especially on an island, that salty air really cuts through clothing. At least there weren’t a lot of other tourists!

4. lwbut May 11, 2017 / 2:52 am

Stunning shot – the lighting and focus give it a definite 3D effect to me! 🙂

love.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 11, 2017 / 9:29 am

I have a really good macro lens. I don’t use it nearly often enough because it’s a tricky lens to work with, but when I use it, it gives the most amazing colors and depth to pictures. Thank you 😀

5. Arkenaten May 11, 2017 / 11:55 am

A beauty. Haven’t seen a yellow tulip in ages.

6. swo8 May 11, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Lovely tulip, Marilyn, a perfect Mother’s Day gift.