LOLLIPOP?

I have nothing to say about Lollipop except to present The Lollipop Song ever sung. It was a hot ticket when I was 10.

But first, let me say a couple of things. We’re up and away to see Tom and Ellin for a few days. Not only does this mean I won’t be on the computer nearly as much, but neither will Ellin, Tom, or Garry.

Garry and I haven’t had anything like so much as a mini-vacation since January 2016, so we are a year and a half past vacation time. This month has been a bit stressful. The Armstrongs haven’t seen the Curleys in months, either, so we have a lot to say.

Meanwhile …

The guy is outside at this very moment cleaning the gutters! He is removing the trees and mud and gunk and horrible things from the gutters this very morning. I can hear his footsteps on the roof and see gunk flying past my windows. Thank you, darling granddaughter, for finding me this gem of a man who has a phone number and returns calls and shows up on time with tools and everything! Hallelujah!

The new hot water tank arrived and the plumber is paid. He will return shortly with tools (no room in the truck with the tank it it) and a lot of zucchini. Apparently his zucchini plants went wild this year. We may be gone by then. He has the entry pass and Owen is on alert to come over as needed. Good we all live near each other. This fellow is also Owen and Dave’s plumber, so we are using someone who has a good reputation. It’s probably the only thing that has prevented me from falling into a swoon.

Please forgive me if I don’t spend our three-day vacation online. I’ve been so hooked into the computer, I’ve barely had time to do anything else. We need a break. Thanks for understanding.

Now … The Lollipop Song.

16 thoughts on “LOLLIPOP?

1. angloswiss July 20, 2017 / 11:49 am

I refrained from showing the lollipop song as I was sure others would do it for me. There is nothing like a gunk removal expert for dealing with problems. We only have experts that seem to produce gunk, known as builders. I am so glad for you that things are happening, even if it does cost money. Mr. Swiss says you cannot take it with you, although who knows, and it might be useful where you are going. Enjoy your well earned holiday and have fun. We are going with you in spirit.

2. slmret July 20, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Have a wonderful time — there’s nothing like just a few days away from home to refresh the soul!

3. lifelessons July 20, 2017 / 12:06 pm

Too bad I can’t remember my new lyrics to the song, as described in my post that came right after yours. Needless to say “Kittycat, Kittycat” has real possibilities.. if I could just remember the words.

4. lifelessons July 20, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Oh. Meant to say have fun on your vacation!! Keep yer fingers off them keys. xo

5. swo8 July 20, 2017 / 12:16 pm

Time for a fun break. Enjoy.

6. Covert Novelist July 20, 2017 / 12:34 pm

I shall miss your dialogue but happier that you are going to have some fun and hopefully relax and share good times with friends. That’s what life is all about! So my wish is for you both to enjoy wholeheartedly xoxo

7. Patience July 20, 2017 / 1:14 pm

Have fun on your vacation and travel safely!

8. cbegg1950 July 20, 2017 / 4:35 pm

My wife Christine will love this. Although born in 1956 she knows all the words to songs going wayyyy back!

• Marilyn Armstrong July 20, 2017 / 5:15 pm

This was popular when I was maybe 9? 10? But it’s basically only one word, and I was proud that I could sing the really high squeaky notes. One word, I’m good. Others, I’ve had to find the lyrics because I never understood them.

9. Taswegian1957 July 20, 2017 / 8:48 pm

A plumber who brings zucchini from his garden has to be a good guy. Enjoy your break, you have earned it.

10. evilsquirrel13 July 20, 2017 / 9:37 pm

Enjoy your time away. If you need any ready made excuses for your absence other than the fact that you have a life, let me know since I’ve collected a ton of them lately….

11. lwbut July 21, 2017 / 1:00 am

A break with some old friends should do you both a world of good – soak up the enjoyment, you two! ๐Ÿ™‚

We’ll still be here when you get back + you’ll have hot water again! (Hopefully).

love

12. lwbut July 21, 2017 / 2:18 am

P.S. That’s a VERY young Andy Williams on sound FX – i used to love his show. ๐Ÿ™‚

love

• Garry Armstrong July 22, 2017 / 1:37 pm

Hey, I LOVED “Lollipop” — what swell lyrics. The Chordettes were maybe my favorite act on “The Arthur Godfrey and his Friends” TV show.

Thanks, Kaiti — for hooking us up with the gutters guy. You are absolutely the apple of Gramps’ eye and always will be.

As I write, Marilyn and I are winding down/up our brief visit with our friends, Tom and Ellin Curley. Tom and Ellin are the best. They treat us like visiting dignitaries. We had a wonderful day on the water yesterday aboard Tom’s “yacht”. We actually found ourselves in the middle of a search and rescue operation. There’ll be a story and pictures coming up in a day or two.