ALERT! TURKEY LEAKS SECRETS …

So I saw this headline:

Turkey Leaks Secret Locations of U.S.
Troops in Syria

and I thought — “What a strange business. Turkeys don’t usually have media ties.”

It took me a few minutes to remember that Turkey is a nation and not necessarily a gobbling bird trying to avoid Thanksgiving. This probably speaks to my overall loss of sanity regarding the world in which I live. I’m pretty sure that in earlier days, I’d have instantly recognized Turkey as the nation and not the bird.

Sanity is gone. What is left is a sense of being desperately short of sleep, broke … and holding a list of things I need to fix that exceeds any rational likelihood of doing them. Ever.

What to do next?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve had more reality than I can handle. I’m going to read a book. Take me away, magic words.

40 thoughts on “ALERT! TURKEY LEAKS SECRETS …

1. Emilio Pasquale July 25, 2017 / 12:49 am

I had that same problem when I heard “Turkey Leaks Secrets”. What kinds of secrets does a turkey have? And speaking of escaping reality with a book, I’m reading a time travel book right now. A man and his son travel back in time to 1900. Not great literature but it was free through Amazon so I figured why not?

• Marilyn Armstrong July 25, 2017 / 12:57 am

Time travel is my FAVORITE escape from reality. I think I’ve read every one of them, including some that were really BAD. And if it’s time travel AND magic? YES!!

• Emilio Pasquale July 25, 2017 / 11:15 pm

It’s an ok story. But everything seems to go by too easily and quickly. Trying to convince someone that he’s from the future is done within a page and they become totally onboard with the idea that time travel is real.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 25, 2017 / 11:16 pm

I haven’t read it, but I’ve read some really awful time travel stories. Have you read Jodi Taylor’s “St. Mary’s” series? They are time travel and absolutely hilarious.

• Emilio Pasquale July 25, 2017 / 11:23 pm

Nope. I don’t usually read time travel. My favorites are more in the Raymond Chandler, James M. Cain genre.

2. Fandango July 25, 2017 / 1:04 am

When I first saw that headline I thought — and this is the truth, I swear — that the leaker was Donald Trump or possibly Trump, Jr. or maybe even Jared. As far as I’m concerned, they’re all turkeys. Sad!

• queenofdanile July 25, 2017 / 7:21 am

Believe me, you aren’t alone.. Relieved I didn’t have to be first to confess. Thrilled there are others who share the same thought process.

3. angloswiss July 25, 2017 / 1:16 am

Turkey is too near to us to get them confused with a bird. We also have many Turkish immigrants. The biggest problem with Turkey is their president who likes to keep his people under control by putting them in prison if they don’t act as he wants them to. I think it is called being a dictator

• Marilyn Armstrong July 25, 2017 / 10:06 am

We have a potential one of them, too. He hasn’t gotten into locking most of us up. Yet. But I think he would like to.

4. Taswegian1957 July 25, 2017 / 1:51 am

I should have known better but I had the same reaction. I think it is because so many headlines you read on the internet now are weird like that. Or perhaps I was just hoping for a funny story.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 25, 2017 / 10:08 am

Normally, I would have thought “nation,” but i had this image of a turkey garbling his secrets to the New York Times. The news really IS getting to me.

5. lwbut July 25, 2017 / 5:11 am

Trump – Turkey and an Old Boiler AND Not Entirely Normal !

It all comes together in the end πŸ˜‰

Hope you enjoy the book!

love

• Marilyn Armstrong July 25, 2017 / 10:10 am

Um … which book? I’m missing a piece. I AM enjoying the new boiler. We may be poor, but we have hot water!

• lwbut July 26, 2017 / 12:33 am

“I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve had more reality than I can handle. I’m going to read a book”

^ That one! πŸ˜‰

love.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 26, 2017 / 12:57 am

Ah. Yes. “The Kill Society” Richard Kadrey. I think it may be the last of his Sandman Slim books. Sandman Slim is the son of an angel and a human. He has issues.

• lwbut July 27, 2017 / 12:15 am

Not heard of the book or the author before, or Sandman Slim but the premise interests me. I did like “Michael’ with John Travolta as an Angel ‘with issues’ πŸ˜‰

love.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 27, 2017 / 12:36 am

Richard Kadrey isn’t as famous as some sci fi authors, but I quite like his work. What’s more, I like a couple of different books he has written, not just that series.

• lwbut July 27, 2017 / 3:09 am

I’m sure you have a long list of books to read in future, but i wonder, considering your love of history and sci-fi if you had read any of Julian May’s Saga Of The Exiles? A series about travelling back into earth’s past when a race of alien exiles held battles between two opposing sides and 22nd century human misfits were transported back into the middle of it all.

love.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 27, 2017 / 11:28 am

Nope, not yet. I’ll see if it comes as an audiobook. If yes, I’ll give it a try.

6. loisajay July 25, 2017 / 7:26 am

Poor Marilyn. Next thing you know, you will read about Iran and think they are talking about a foot race! πŸ˜€

7. swo8 July 25, 2017 / 12:25 pm

Good solace in a book Marilyn. It’s been a rough week with certain moments of joy.

8. Antonio July 25, 2017 / 2:19 pm

Well, at least insanity can make people laugh much easier than sanity. A short story that made my day.

9. fromsandyknob July 26, 2017 / 10:27 pm

Reblogging this on from Sandy Knob…. turkey;s – we raised the bronze variety on the farm when i grew up….. They are real characters and we have a few wild flocks here in Chaska, MN…

10. Gordon C. Stewart July 26, 2017 / 10:31 pm

You DO lead an interesting life! Watch out for the turkeys. So glad you, Garry, and I all have media ties to tell all our secrets! 😜