NUMBERED

Help wanted
Photo: Garry Armstrong
Fairfield
Barber Sign

27 thoughts on “NUMBERED

1. Cee Neuner July 27, 2017 / 1:36 pm

Marilyn, you found your numbers quickly. I’d say your method of categorizing is working well for you. I adored your post.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 27, 2017 / 2:13 pm

Thanks. I remembered where I had pictures with numbers. I didn’t remember the month, but I knew most were from 2017 in the spring, so I started in February and found what I was looking for in April and May 😀

2. angloswiss July 27, 2017 / 1:53 pm

I must really admire you with your good choices. I really had problems in dealing with this one. Letters were everywhere and words, but no numbers.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 27, 2017 / 2:11 pm

Garry and I always take pictures of signs wherever we go. Garry calls them “locators” so we know where we were at the time. Most of them have some kind of number in them somewhere. My main problem is remembering where those pictures are located — which year, which month, which folder — because my libraries never find the keywords in folder inside folders. Probably it’s because I use “bridge” from Photoshop which doesn’t really give you a very good option for sorting. It’s why I often use the identical pictures often. It’s not that I don’t have others — it’s that I can’t FIND the others. And it gets worse every day.

3. Abhay srivastava July 27, 2017 / 2:09 pm

You are a amazing photographer

• Marilyn Armstrong July 27, 2017 / 3:11 pm

Then you have but one choice: be NICE. He’s fine if you’re nice. We are VERY nice.

4. swo8 July 27, 2017 / 4:03 pm

I like the one “Rude People $100.00.

• Covert Novelist July 27, 2017 / 5:57 pm

I SO agree! In fact, this gentleman’s establishment could stand to make a fortune since there are many nasty people and rising it seems.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 27, 2017 / 6:00 pm

I don’t think you can make a fortune cutting hair in a small Valley town … but I think he’s doing pretty well. He’s got two shops now and he is popular with the menfolk.

• Covert Novelist July 27, 2017 / 6:57 pm

That’s indeed a good thing. I have yet to find a hairdresser that does a job I’m happy with. It takes time for them to know how your hair responds.

• Covert Novelist July 27, 2017 / 9:11 pm

I used to. OK, I still do. A hairdresser said if you wanted one length, you tie your hair tightly in a pony tail. Then tie another just above where you want to cut your hair, that’s what I do. If you want a layered look, tie a skin tight pony on top of your head cut straight across, automatic layers, it works too I’m happy to say.

• Covert Novelist July 27, 2017 / 9:12 pm

My only question at
                March, is whether to create bangs, a pain to grow out, but my hair is thinning at rapid pace, it may help disguise this fact, not sure though.

• Marilyn Armstrong July 27, 2017 / 9:18 pm

It took me seven years to grow out my bangs. If you cut them, they are with you a LONG time. Make sure you really want them.

• Covert Novelist July 27, 2017 / 9:20 pm

I know, my hair is thinning, but grows fast, so in my case 2 years, maybe 3 at the outside, but it’s still a hateful process. That’s why I can’t decide lol whether it’s worth it.

5. DailyMusings July 27, 2017 / 9:07 pm