PARDON YOU, PARDON THEM, PARDON ALL

So suddenly, I thought to myself:

“Hey. If Trump wants a pardon and if in return, he will resign forthwith and go away forever … might that not be worth it? There would still be a whole administration to prosecute and since Trump doesn’t give a rat’s ass about anyone but himself, the Feds will get a free pass at everyone who isn’t Trump, right?”

Then, I thought some more. Maybe we could get the same deal for the whole mess of them. Offer everyone a pardon if they pinky promise to resign and guarantee they will slink off into the quicksand. They are forbidden to involve themselves in politics on any level other than voting. No television, talk shows, or “tell all” books. They would have to promise to effectively vanish from the public view — never to be seen by us in any format, wide or narrow screen.

After which, we could then have a “do-over,” politically speaking.

I used to dream about travel. Now I dream of a sane political system. How times change!

Bill Day / Cagle Cartoons

Isn’t that a great idea? That they would go away and never come back? I could live with that. In fact, it would make me very happy. I don’t have any idea if it is legal — or possible in any way — but I need my dreams.

It’s just a thought. In case you were wondering what I was thinking.

20 thoughts on “PARDON YOU, PARDON THEM, PARDON ALL

1. Taswegian1957 August 1, 2017 / 6:08 am

The only time I listen to the news now is when I wake up in the morning and put the radio on. The other morning half asleep I heard them say that Trump was looking into pardoning himself. I thought maybe I was still asleep, it sounded so absurd. If pardoning them would make them go away I’d say go for it but you know what they say about politicians and promises.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2017 / 11:09 am

I know. But I can dream, right? A world where Trump and his Trumpettes vanish from human view forever … that has to be worth a pardon.

• Garry Armstrong August 1, 2017 / 11:51 am

Your Dream is Mine. Can sing it to the tune of “My Dream Is Yours”.

Trump & The Trumpettes — booked at the Cheyenne Social Club. Call now for the remaining tickets.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2017 / 11:10 am

NEVER ask questions like that! Because the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes. No matter how bad things are, they can get worse. Don’t even THINK the question.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2017 / 11:11 am

I don’t think a do-over is constitutional … but if ALL of them resign, is there another choice? If they all left in a big bundle, they would have to do something, right?

2. Tish Farrell August 1, 2017 / 7:18 am

A fine thought indeed. Pardon and be gone, and not another word. It’s like a poison spreading round the globe – this ever-tweeting trump.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2017 / 11:12 am

I totally agree. If there was a big shovel, I’d love to see them swept away to anywhere — just not here. Maybe there’s a charming island in the south pacific …

3. Fandango August 1, 2017 / 9:36 am

I like the way you’re thinking and I wholeheartedly endorse your post.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2017 / 11:13 am

Pity it’s not legal although — you never know. We make new laws. This could be one of those.

4. lwbut August 1, 2017 / 9:53 am

I hope for your sake i’m wrong here, but i suspect he thinks he can milk America for a lot more infamy as well as support from those who love him for quite a while yet.

Why does the legal system have to take so long to do anything useful?

love.

5. slmret August 1, 2017 / 12:38 pm

It’s a wonderful dream — and it seems to be coming almost true, albeit a little slowly — drip, drip, drip!

• Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2017 / 1:38 pm

I am getting restless for a bulldozer to come and just take the lot of them and push them away. Maybe collect them and send them to a charming island in the sun with beautiful beaches, excessively expensive houses and wifi that ONLY connects them to each other. They can tweet each other to death — but only each other. They can overeat, over golf, tan themselves orange … just NOT here.

6. galien8 August 11, 2017 / 1:51 pm

Maybe He will not pardon you on judgment day!? wouldn’t that be funny >:-D

• Marilyn Armstrong August 11, 2017 / 1:52 pm

Who? God? I think, all things considered, I’ve done pretty well. I can’t say the same for him.