FOUR ELEMENTS – VISUALIZING THE WORLD

WordPress Photo Challenge: Elemental

When I read this, I smiled. I remember when I was living in Israel and friends visited and they kept murmuring “But it’s so brown …” because it is. Sometimes. Deserts are brown in the summer, but in the winter with a bit of rain, they turn green and lovely. It’s amazing what a bit of water can do for the dry earth.

Earth
Air
Fire
Water
I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

28 thoughts on “FOUR ELEMENTS – VISUALIZING THE WORLD

1. angloswiss August 11, 2017 / 1:00 am

That is a great water action photo, not so easy to get those details and that is a good firy photo

• Marilyn Armstrong August 11, 2017 / 1:08 am

I used my really long lens to get the water. I was lucky. The light was good from that angle — no direct sunlight. The fire was the fire-pit in my teepee. I was really good at lighting fires and fast, too, because it was COLD.

2. loisajay August 11, 2017 / 8:08 am

Great photos all, Marilyn, but the ‘earth’ photo is wonderful.

3. swo8 August 11, 2017 / 12:42 pm

Nice ones, Marilyn.

4. Covert Novelist August 11, 2017 / 12:53 pm

Those are REALLY spectacular pictures. WOW and absolutely wonderful. I can’t thank you enough for sharing. You took my breath away with these.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 11, 2017 / 1:19 pm

Thank you! I had a lot of choices, so trying to pick the best of some of my favorite pictures was interesting. One of them is new, too. I’d been waiting for a chance to publish that one!

• Covert Novelist August 11, 2017 / 1:43 pm

OMG they are SO beautiful. Stunning to be honest. I can’t thank you enough for sharing them, because photography is one of the loves of my life. I miss it more than I can say. So I doubly enjoy seeing these.

• Covert Novelist August 11, 2017 / 1:44 pm

jetpack is still broken so I am at a loss, I miss many, and I’m thankful you can still reach me. I feel disconnected in a way since this has become an important part of my life, interacting with all of the wonderful bloggers here.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 11, 2017 / 1:50 pm

Actually, I can’t access your posts online. I get the message that the post is there, but when I click, I get “not available on this server.” This has been true for more than a week. I occasionally find you sideways through someone else’s post, but I can’t get to you directly. Just so you know. It’s probably NOT just me.

• Covert Novelist August 11, 2017 / 2:01 pm

Yeah, I’ve lost about 25 followers who have given up. Jetpack is broken and we’re having a difficult time with which link it is. If Jetpack is broken, I’m not accessable AT ALL because there ARE no connections. Therefore, no one can click on me unless I talk to them. It’s more annoying than I can convey. I miss you all so much. If it weren’t for you and Martha, I’d be completely lost since your the only two that can seem to reach me at all. If I chat on your post, you can reach me, that’s about it. It’s an incredibly long process of checking code, and each must be checked to see if it’s broken. My son’s been at it for hours and we still haven’t found the problem. Not to mention when I try to fix an error mine or theirs, it makes it worse. HOw is that possible???? I have to laugh or at this point I’d probably cry.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 11, 2017 / 3:05 pm

Sometimes, there are a lot of things broken, so fixing one just brings another to the forefront. I can only imagine how crazy this must make you. I keep TRYING to reach you, but so far, I just can’t. But you are on my email list, so your posts get through, even if I can’t respond to them. Don’t give up … but maybe you might want to consider changing to a more standard format? They have their own issues, but at least you are not left on your own to fix them when they break.

• Covert Novelist August 11, 2017 / 3:12 pm

I think that obtaining my own site was a mistake. I’d heard others had issues, but I didn’t think they were issues that “broke” the code of the entire thing. My son’s good at code, but he’s finding this frustrating so if it continues, I might have to ask for my money back and return to just wordpress site. Very disappointed at this point.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 11, 2017 / 3:14 pm

I didn’t get my own site for all the reasons you’ve given. I’m NOT good at code and I knew the first time there was a serious problem, I’d be dead in the water.

• Covert Novelist August 11, 2017 / 3:37 pm

As am I. Thank god for my son. It’s the time involved more than anything. He works so when he’s available, its good,but by the end of his shift, he’s done with computer problems and often his brain is revolving around all the other people;s problems he’s fixed during the course of the day. HIs hours shift as well, from morning to afternoon to late nights and he’s not interested in starting on computer problems at midnight and I can’t blame him for that.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 11, 2017 / 3:57 pm

I too have a son. Same set of problems. By the time he’s done with work, he’s DONE with work. I can hardly blame him for that. I wasn’t all that different, either.

• Covert Novelist August 11, 2017 / 4:08 pm

I know, right! Long gone are my days of coding. I started out with dos and made games for the kids to play. Doubt I’d understand any of it much less be able to see it. πŸ™‚