WORDS WITH PICTURES OR PICTURES WITH WORDS – THURSDAY’S SPECIAL

THURSDAY’S SPECIAL: PICK A WORD IN SEPTEMBER – Y2

It is time for another  PICK A WORD theme. Here are the words to choose from: vantage, bifurcated, intruding, jagged, quayside.

From this vantage point, you can see across to the other side where the factory stood in times past
Bifurcated – Two paths separate. One stays a dirt path while the other is smoothly paved
Photo: Garry Armstrong – Orange cones are an intruding eyesore on an idyllic spot along the river
The jagged Superstitions against the blue sky of the Arizona desert
The quayside path used to be the road on which the horses pulled the barges – Blackstone Canal

jupiter najnajnoviji

18 thoughts on “WORDS WITH PICTURES OR PICTURES WITH WORDS – THURSDAY’S SPECIAL

1. lifelessons September 7, 2017 / 12:37 am

Did you have to look up bifurcated? I had no idea what it meant. Now I feel like I have to make use of my new knowledge and go find a bifurcated photo..Make use of the word once befor I forget it again!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 7, 2017 / 1:10 am

I knew the word because it came up as part of my heart surgery. Your heart is bifurcated. Twice, once on the left and then on the right. Usually, I have to look up at least one or two words. I just happened to know that one,

• lifelessons September 7, 2017 / 2:39 am

Good for you…Now I know it, too! But, they wouldn’t accept my post for the challenge!!!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 7, 2017 / 10:57 am

Who are “they?” It’s just Paula, so if it’s getting rejected, there’s a problem. She’ll accept anything!

• lifelessons September 7, 2017 / 11:14 am

It just kept saying “comments closed.” But, yes, it found its way to her. Thanks, Marilyn.

2. lwbut September 7, 2017 / 12:55 am

Great Challenge and well accepted guys!

Being the pernickety swine that i am i will point out a barge path is more of a Tow path than a Quayside one!

🙂

love

• Marilyn Armstrong September 7, 2017 / 1:09 am

Yes, that is true, but it has been 150 years since horses trod the path. They’ve made it into a walkway, but it really did start out as the road for horses and their keepers.

3. swo8 September 7, 2017 / 11:05 am

Lovely photos Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 7, 2017 / 11:08 am

It’s a lovely place to walk, with and without ones dogs 🙂 Wouldn’t be a bad place for a nice horseback ride either, come to think about it. That road goes on for many miles.

4. Paula September 7, 2017 / 11:58 am

Great entry for this Thursday. That’s a cool interpretation of intruding.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 7, 2017 / 12:08 pm

I probably had some others, but I found those orange cones pretty intrusive!

5. DailyMusings September 9, 2017 / 9:26 pm

love that last one especially. The cones certainly are intrusively intruding!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 9, 2017 / 10:19 pm

Thank you. I don’t know if they have replaced the dock or just removed it. I hope they fix or replace it. It was a lovely place to sit.

6. prior.. September 10, 2017 / 11:46 am

nice take on the September TS words 🙂 and the arizona jagged is my fav… but those cones make a point too – nice series. 🙂