FROM THE BACK IN BLACK & WHITE

Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Back of Things

Photo: Garry Armstrong

As it happens, I take a lot of pictures from the back — and so does Garry. Today’s post was a pleasure, with photographs by Garry Armstrong and, of course, me.

Boston Statehouse — from the back

15 thoughts on “FROM THE BACK IN BLACK & WHITE

1. angloswiss September 22, 2017 / 12:36 am

Most of my candid photos and views from the car are from the back. I notice your dogs also prefer not being in the limelight with their photos. You have a good varied choice with your photos

• Marilyn Armstrong September 22, 2017 / 12:59 am

It’s easier to shoot from the back. They don’t try to stick their big wet noses into the lens!

2. lifelessons September 22, 2017 / 12:38 am

Love the one that is you shooting Larry shooting someone else..But who shot you? Or was Garry shooting you and your were shooting a stranger shooting another stranger? Sounds violent, doesn’t it?

• Marilyn Armstrong September 22, 2017 / 12:57 am

Garry shot me shooting Ben. I didn’t know he was behind me, either until I downloaded his pictures. I thought that was an incredibly cool picture.

3. slmret September 22, 2017 / 11:35 am

When my dad died, my mother, who didn’t believe in keeping pictures of people, gave me one picture of him — from the back! i thought that odd, but it did say a lot about him!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 22, 2017 / 12:55 pm

A lot of people hate looking into a camera. Don’t read too much into it. My favorite pictures are from the back, sides, or 3/4 almost back. I don’t have to worry about the folds and wrinkles!

• slmret September 22, 2017 / 1:03 pm

That was almost 50 years ago — I actually really like the photo now

4. Cee Neuner September 22, 2017 / 11:40 am

Wonderful gallery of from the back. I really like this series.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 22, 2017 / 12:53 pm

Thanks Cee. It’s a lot easier shooting from the back. When they don’t know you’re shooting, it’s much more natural 🙂

5. swo8 September 22, 2017 / 12:43 pm

From the back and well done.