THE EARLIEST WHIFF OF AUTUMN

A Photo a Week Challenge: Signs of Fall

I was going to use last October’s pictures because it isn’t really Autumn yet. It will be. Maybe a week from now if no-longer-hurricane Jose would move on out, taking the rain and gusty winds with it.

And if the nights would turn cold while the days were dry and sunny.

In the meantime, it’s autumn-like in patches. A bit here, a bit there. Just of whiff of the season lays in the trees right now.

We took pictures of this very early Autumn. Although the whole season is not here, the hint of it is beautiful in its own way.

16 thoughts on “THE EARLIEST WHIFF OF AUTUMN

1. angloswiss September 23, 2017 / 1:19 am

It’s the same her, but taking photos now, as your photos, are interesting, as we see the Autumn progress

• Marilyn Armstrong September 23, 2017 / 1:32 am

If it will just stop raining, autumn will quickly follow. The reports are promising the right weather next week. Then, we should get the real autumn πŸ˜€

2. draliman September 23, 2017 / 1:42 am

Over here, one minute the sun’s in my eyes while driving, the next the windscreen wipers are on. I wear a jumper and it suddenly gets too warm, I take it off and it’s very chilly. It’s a confusing time, weather-wise!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 23, 2017 / 1:45 am

We were in Ireland for our honeymoon — which was now, actually and yes, that’s exactly what I remember. It would rain. There would be a rainbow. Then it would get warm and we’d we’d take off our jackets … and the sun would come out and then it would rain again. We got used to it πŸ™‚ Change of seasons is like that, I guess.

• Garry Armstrong September 23, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Those gorgeous rainbows …. courtesy of John Ford/Mother O’Nature..

• draliman September 23, 2017 / 12:22 pm

When I lived there they used to joke that it was the only place where you could get all four seasons on one day.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 23, 2017 / 1:13 pm

In an hour, sometimes. It was THE craziest weather. At least it didn’t get bitterly cold. If there had also been snow, I’m not sure anyone would have survived. We went everywhere with at least four layers of clothing … and rain gear!

3. swo8 September 23, 2017 / 1:13 pm

It looks far too lush to be autumn.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 23, 2017 / 1:14 pm

Well, the sun is out today, though it’s pretty warm. And it still looks lush. I think if we go down to River Bend, we may see more color … but the real deal won’t be until next week. Or the week after.

4. DailyMusings September 23, 2017 / 9:32 pm

we have no hints and it was 90 today!!! good thing I left my summer clothes in the closet!

• lwbut September 24, 2017 / 1:03 am

Nearly a month into Spring down here and as i look out the window (shivvering slightly) it looks like mid-winter! I say we ditch our calendars, forget what we are used to and just enjoy whatever season it appears to be on the day!

Anyone with me? πŸ˜‰

love

5. nancy merrill September 24, 2017 / 8:58 pm

Still lovely. We have had cold rain for three days straight here and snow in the mountains, so fall will be short in Utah this year. Thanks for joining the challenge!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 24, 2017 / 10:03 pm

We’ve still got temps in the 90s which is pretty late for that kind of heat. It should be at least cool, if not crispy by now. I guess we will see.

• nancy merrill September 25, 2017 / 10:05 am

We went from higher than usually to lower than usually. But I guess that’s how they come up with an average. πŸ˜‰ It’s supposed to get to 70 tomorrow, which is normal for us for this time of year.