AN UNEXPECTED MONTH OF SUMMER

It’s the end of September and Autumn should be blooming on the trees.

Bridge over the Blackstone at River Bend

It isn’t Autumn. You can see a few yellow leaves in patches, here and there. Occasionally you may see a sprig of red leaves amidst a sea of green.

Reeds along the river

The light has changed, though. Today, it was truly amber and it was clearly visible in all my pictures. They look as if they have been washed with a paintbrush of gold.

24 thoughts on “AN UNEXPECTED MONTH OF SUMMER

1. angloswiss September 25, 2017 / 1:42 am

It’s the same here, waiting for the Autumn effects in the photos

• Marilyn Armstrong September 25, 2017 / 1:44 am

The season are running late. It has been surprisingly hot for the past week. Hot and steamy. The weather guy is promising cooler weather by the end of the week. I’m counting on it!s

• Garry Armstrong September 25, 2017 / 1:02 pm

I’m LOVING this weather. So are my Samoan genes, West Indian arteries and Irish bones.

2. swo8 September 25, 2017 / 11:50 am

It has been quite extraordinary weather here too.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 25, 2017 / 12:10 pm

The whole east coast has been hot and steamy. It is supposed to end before the week is out. I guess we’ll see!

• swo8 September 25, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Same forecast here Marilyn. We’ll see.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 25, 2017 / 12:18 pm

That cold front is supposed to be what “bounces” Maria off our shores. So cross your fingers. Otherwise, it could get really nasty and with it, Autumn will vanish in a big, wet, mushy hurry.

• swo8 September 25, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Let’s hope that Maria take to the sidelines.

• Garry Armstrong September 25, 2017 / 1:03 pm

In a blink of an eye, it’ll be crisp and cool. People will complain.

• Garry Armstrong September 26, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Indeed, Leslie. Very soon some will be complaining about chilly weather, etc. I’m wearing a tank top (tmi?) as I write. I love warm weather. I do.

• swo8 September 26, 2017 / 1:15 pm

I’m wearing a tank top and shorts and feel quite comfortable, even though it’s 31’C outside. It’s very humid too.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 26, 2017 / 1:17 pm

We have the same weather. It’s supposed to cool down by the end of the week, though each time I watch the weather, the report changes. I guess we’ll see. We are also tank topped πŸ™‚

• swo8 September 26, 2017 / 1:24 pm

We do have the AC on and it’s set at 80′ F. So it cycles on and off to keep it at that temperature. Thursday we may get some rain and the temperature should drop to 19′ C/68’F. quite a difference.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 26, 2017 / 1:25 pm

Our AC is on at 75. It also cycles. I have a window conditioner in the bedroom which I do turn on because otherwise, I just can’t breathe. Even so, our electric bill has stayed pretty low. Lowest in years, in fact.

• swo8 September 26, 2017 / 1:29 pm

We have a time of use in place here in Ontario. Our present Provincial government has made so many blunders that our provincial debt probably equals or exceeds our Federal debt. Since there is an election next year they had to do something about our hydro charges. They kicked the can down the road. Our great-grandchildren will be paying dearly for this.

3. Martha Kennedy September 25, 2017 / 12:08 pm

Ice on the birdbath this morning. All according to schedule. You can be sure it’ll catch up to you.

• Garry Armstrong September 25, 2017 / 1:04 pm

Martha, “Ice On The Birdbath” ….. it has a sound. I like it.

• Martha Kennedy September 25, 2017 / 1:19 pm

There’s a Depeche Mode song “Flies on the Windscreen” that has the same “lilt”

• lwbut September 26, 2017 / 3:06 am

It was the follow-up to Smoke on the Water! πŸ˜‰

love

• Marilyn Armstrong September 25, 2017 / 8:32 pm

It’s not so terrible to get an extra month (two?) of summer, but I’m hoping we don’t shift instantly to full winter! You can’t tell in New England.

4. lwbut September 26, 2017 / 3:07 am

Love your photo’s Marilyn.

Carpe Diem! πŸ™‚

love.

5. evilsquirrel13 September 26, 2017 / 9:58 am

August was like a Fall preview, and then September (more accurately, Labor Day) rolled around and picked up where July had left off. 95 feels a lot better in July than it does in late September. Leaves are falling, though, maybe wilting in the heat…