ONE RED LEAF THROUGH THE WINDOW

WINDOWS – THE DAILY POST WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE

I didn’t think this photograph would work. Between the irregularities of the glass and the dirt, I expected mostly blur. Surprisingly, it came out pretty well. This is Autumn so far — our one, red maple leaf.

It rained a bit too. I thought it would cool things down, but instead, it increased the steaminess to the point of making the air too humid to breathe, even for Garry who normally prefers warm weather. He came in from outside, said “It’s horrible out there!”

Even the dogs don’t want to go out.

So, from inside the air-conditioned house, this is the single red leaf on my maple tree.

I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

13 thoughts on “ONE RED LEAF THROUGH THE WINDOW

1. swo8 September 27, 2017 / 4:42 pm

One red leaf, how did you manage that – and it’s so red?

• Marilyn Armstrong September 27, 2017 / 4:59 pm

It is that red. Actually, it is even more red, but balancing colors, it came out a little less red and a bit more rusty. That’s it. Just one red leaf. It was a tricky shot because you can’t shoot straight out the window. The branch is at a rather sharp angle far to the right, so it was interesting getting the shot. My photographic success story of the week πŸ™‚

2. slmret September 27, 2017 / 6:05 pm

LOVE the first shot — ONE red leaf!

3. draliman September 28, 2017 / 1:40 am

How odd! It’s like it thought, “well I don’t know about the rest of you, but it’s Autumn and I’m going for it.” πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 11:58 am

With a determination far greater than any other maple leaf, one little leaf determined to “make it autumn” or die trying. Of course, he forgot he WAS going to die trying, but as we say in our human world — “It was his time.”

4. lwbut September 29, 2017 / 3:18 am

Nicely captured Spike – Nature always surprises us!

Going by my weather i predict it will be cooler over your way and you may well get more rain! πŸ˜‰

love

5. Anita September 29, 2017 / 7:41 am

So wonderful! I love the colors of the autumn.