SEPTEMBER – OTHER YEARS

I thought I’d take a look back at this time in September in past years.

Every year is different!

17 thoughts on “SEPTEMBER – OTHER YEARS

1. slmret September 28, 2017 / 12:30 am

Oh, my goodness — I’ve never seen even photos of leaves like the one of leaves on the ground in this group — all different colors, one by one, on the ground! Love this montage of fall colors!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 12:33 am

Before I lived here, my first husband and I used to drive up to this very place to see the leaves. I’m not kidding when I say we have a genuinely glorious autumn. Not every year is equally good, but assuming we don’t have a hurricane and lose the leaves to wind, even a bad year is amazing. All of New England is like this is the fall. I always tell people who are planning to visit to come in the middle of October. It’s Prime Time πŸ˜€

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 12:49 am

Thank you. It really DOES look like that, usually about two weeks from now. And it really is breathtaking. I always tell people that if you can’t take beautiful pictures in New England in the autumn, you are hopeless and should give it up entirely. Sometimes, it’s hard to believe it’s real. And then, it goes away … and it snows.

2. angloswiss September 28, 2017 / 1:06 am

Wonderful colours of Autimn. It seems with age we can really appreciate them inam also still waiting for this years show.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 1:27 am

The weather has been so very warm here. It was stifling today, like a real steam bath. They are promising the heat will break tomorrow and the humidity will drop. I’m counting on it!

3. DailyMusings September 28, 2017 / 6:11 am

so many vivid colors- not here this year!! not with temps near 80 at the end of September!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 11:57 am

Stay hopeful. It may be late, but I think it’ll make it. The weather started to break here today. I think by the weekend, it will be fallish.

4. Covert Novelist September 28, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Glorious Autumn. Ours hasn’t quite arrived yet, we’re still enjoying the warm weather. I suspect that will change momentarily. We’ve enjoyed 2 weeks without AC or heat. What a delight. Evenings are still quite warm and this is something I haven’t experienced in 30 years. It’s awesome! I’m looking forward to the changing colours. Autumn is so exquisitely beautiful – the colours the crunch, there’s such nostalgia and wonder in autumn – can’t explain why it strikes me thus, but it does. Thank you once again for sharing such exquisite pictures!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 1:30 pm

Today is supposed to be the day the weather changes. It’s still pretty warm, but supposed by days end, it will be 20 degrees cooler and DRY. It’s the humidity that’s really killing us. The warm weather would be okay, but the humidity is really bad. Felt like a tropical rain forest.

For me, that crunch of autumn leaves reminds me of going back to school. New shoes, new book bag. New crayons!

• Covert Novelist September 28, 2017 / 2:49 pm

We dropped 10 degrees last night, but it’s warm atm. And yes I remember walking in new shoes to school, crunching on fallen leaves. It was great fun.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 3:59 pm

it is cooler, but it isn’t as cool as they promised. But the day’s not over … yet.

• Covert Novelist September 28, 2017 / 4:16 pm

I hope you have a lovely long fall. So far, that’s what we’re experiencing and it’s wonderful indeed. I say that because I’m used to rain starting in September and continuing until July. This is indeed a delightful reprieve.

5. swo8 September 28, 2017 / 3:57 pm

Remember the days when we would burn the leaves? I still remember the smell.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 28, 2017 / 3:58 pm

I do remember. I also remember when a few of those burning leaves blew into the woods and set it on fire. That was when we realized there was a reason they didn’t want leafy bonfires. Live and learn.

• swo8 September 28, 2017 / 4:02 pm

Not a good idea to do it with woods near by.

6. lwbut September 29, 2017 / 3:47 am

Love these photos! That leaf carpet is amazing πŸ™‚

love