THE BIG PICTURE WINDOW WITH DOGS

PICTURE WINDOW WITH DOGS

The big picture window in our living room is the central focus of the house. Not only does it give all of us a lovely panoramic view of the road and the woods, but it is a matter a pure fascination for all three dogs. They spend hours watching the world through that window.

Muzzles propped on the back of the sofa, they watch for all the important stuff — other dogs invading their territory. Trucks delivering stuff. UPS guys or anyone walking  plus any number of wild creatures passing by from bunnies and squirrels, to coyotes. The canines are ready to race down the stairs, out their door, and tell the world of their latest discovery.

I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

22 thoughts on “THE BIG PICTURE WINDOW WITH DOGS

1. slmret September 29, 2017 / 12:11 am

Wonderful shots of the dogs!

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 12:23 am

Thanks. The ones of the Scotties are hard. All black dogs with dark eyes. I shoot a lot of pictures of Duke. It’s so EASY compared to what I’m used to 😀

• Garry Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Guardians of our Galaxy….

2. angloswiss September 29, 2017 / 12:42 am

Must be some sort of animal secret service organisation. We just look, but they analyze

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 1:02 am

And they make decisions about whether whatever is going on is important enough for them to bother to actually go out. It’s easier to watch through the window. Too human!

3. draliman September 29, 2017 / 2:27 am

In that last one it looks like Duke is saying “hey, I’m trying to look out the window here, go away” 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 1:47 pm

I think that is exactly what he was saying. He was looking. I was taking pictures. He looked at me and BARKED. He barks at me a lot. Hes seems to think I ought to understand and when, after a lot of barking, I obviously don’t understand, he give up in apparent disgust. “Stupid human, can’t understand DOG even when I YELL at her!”

4. Taswegian1957 September 29, 2017 / 3:13 am

It looks like a pretty good observation post cushions and all.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 1:48 pm

Yes, it apparently is. They get a little bent out of shape should we actually SIT on their sofa. We’ve got OUR sofa. They have theirs.

5. DailyMusings September 29, 2017 / 6:27 am

wonderful photos- love that they sit there watching the world go by

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 1:49 pm

I like when one of them has taken the outdoors post and give one sharp bark, then the other two leap to their feet and race outside to join the party. They have a whole language.

6. swo8 September 29, 2017 / 10:48 am

They’re on the job doing what they’re suppose to do, lovely photos, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 1:50 pm

They’re keeping watch for the approach of Other Dogs. And trucks. They don’t LIKE trucks.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 4:28 pm

Something about the sound of a diesel engine sets them off. Cars don’t bother them. Just trucks.

7. Irene Waters 19 Writer Memoirist September 29, 2017 / 8:43 pm

Lovely photos of the dogs. My dog likes watching as well. I guess it gives them something to anticipate and be on hand if they need to alert you to something happening.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 29, 2017 / 8:56 pm

And, they can do it from an air conditioned or well-heated house. Win-Win!

8. lwbut September 30, 2017 / 1:03 am

Love these!

Is it just me or is Duke mellowing a little? 😉

love