THE 7-DAY BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE – DAY 1

Judy Dykstra-Brown at “Lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown” roped me into this, so definitely blame her! And if any of you want to take this one up, please feel free. The rules are so simple … but maybe not as simple as they sound.

“Seven days. Seven black and white photos of your life.
No people. No explanation. Challenge someone new each day.”

If you might be interested in being challenged, let me know. If you like black & white photography, this might be a good one for you.

50 thoughts on “THE 7-DAY BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE – DAY 1

1. slmret October 1, 2017 / 12:31 am

I’d love to try this one, but my other eye surgery got rescheduled to this week. Another time, with a short challenge of b/w I might take you up on it!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 1, 2017 / 12:45 am

You can actually take this up any time it works for you. These challenges travel around, so anytime you take it up is really fine. I like it because it’s just one picture, no words. I can do that, especially because I have so many black & white pictures already done.

• slmret October 1, 2017 / 1:02 am

I think it would be good practice for me — I have done very little b/w, and I think I have some shots that might work well. I’ll try it sometime when I’m sure of my eyes!

2. DailyMusings October 1, 2017 / 6:55 am

your picture says so much about you Marilyn- love it!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 1, 2017 / 11:11 am

It’s interesting because it can’t be people … and no explanation. Within those parameters, it’s a more interesting — intellectual? — challenge. And since it’s just ONE picture, that’ pretty easy for me to do. And finally, fall seems to have arrived. The leaves haven’t changed yet, but I think by tomorrow we’ll begin to see it. Yay. May winter still be FAR behind.

3. Embeecee October 1, 2017 / 11:53 am

I’d be happy to take up the challenge. I don’t ‘do’ photography (as well as you and others on here) but I have a few black and white pictures of my life…let me know! Thanks!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 1, 2017 / 12:32 pm

PLEASE go for it. All you need to do it copy these lines from here:

“Seven days. Seven black and white photos of your life.
      No people. No explanation. Challenge someone new each day.”

and forge ahead. I’m delighted to hear from you 🙂 I think this is an interesting if simple challenge, especially since it intends to show our lives, in black and white … but without people 🙂

4. swo8 October 1, 2017 / 1:46 pm

Excellent choice for black and white.

5. Rebel Girl October 1, 2017 / 6:26 pm

I don’t usually take black and white. This will be a great way to try my hand at it. Great choice on yours.

6. Helen Bushe October 6, 2017 / 10:58 am

Am I too late to start this? I love B&W so I might just do it anyway. 😉

• Helen Bushe October 6, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Oh goody! I’ll check out what to do and start soon. I’m just setting up a B&W website as my original one disappeared this week. My new site is http://www.monozone.online. I might post 7-day challenge on this. I’m sitting here, cat on lap, MacBook on dining table with iPod plugged in. I’m starting to feel like the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. 😉