THE 7-DAY BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE – DAY 4

Judy Dykstra-Brown at “Lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown” roped me into this, but I have to admit, I’mm enjoying it.  If you want to take this challenge, it’s a good one. Finding a black & white picture that somehow represents “you” is an interesting challenge. Just a hint of the existential?

“Seven days. Seven black and white photos of your life.
No people. No explanation. Challenge someone new each day.”

If you might be interested in being challenged, let me know. If you like black & white photography, this might be a good one for you.

12 thoughts on “THE 7-DAY BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE – DAY 4

• Marilyn Armstrong October 4, 2017 / 12:58 am

Thank you. I don’t get a chance to use silhouettes often. I was pleased it worked in this one 🙂

1. swo8 October 4, 2017 / 12:26 pm

Great silhouettes of the birds, Marilyn. It works.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 4, 2017 / 12:39 pm

I tried that shot in a LOT of ways … and finally, that one and it was a big surprise. I’ve since been looking for another shot which would give me the same effect. Maybe I’ll try an airplane or helicopter!

• swo8 October 4, 2017 / 12:57 pm

The background is so bright you wouldn’t get much colour anyway.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 4, 2017 / 2:50 pm

The dead whiteness was partially the background snow, but also, the process of turning it into a silhouette is very high contrast, so it knocks out the small and weak items. It only works if you have a high contrast image to begin with, though. Otherwise, it looks like mud.

2. loisajay October 4, 2017 / 2:36 pm

This looks like a Japanese painting. Very pretty, Marilyn. I love the curly tendrils.