SCALE – PERSPECTIVE AND THE SIZE OF THINGS

SCALE

Shooting from the upper levels in Tuskegee Airmen’s hangar in Massachusetts, the size of things … people and aircraft are definitely in scale.

I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

16 thoughts on “SCALE – PERSPECTIVE AND THE SIZE OF THINGS

1. rightpouitree October 12, 2017 / 12:40 am

Great series of shots! That first one took me a moment to figure out…Nice perspective!

2. angloswiss October 12, 2017 / 12:59 am

Good shots. You must have been standing on the plane for the first shot.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 12, 2017 / 1:07 am

I was actually on a blacony. There was a long stairway from the ground to a third floor. I took pictures at each level. It was really interesting, but I could only do those stairs once!

3. Paula October 12, 2017 / 6:30 am

I had the same thought as angloswiss :D. I am sorry you had to take the stairs, but the shots are really great.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 12, 2017 / 12:37 pm

I looked at the stairs. Three long flights to the top, then down again. No elevator. I thought “If I do it a little bit at a time … and I take a lot picture on the way … I can do it.” I did it. VERY slowly — and there was a bathroom at the top (YAY!). Then, slowly, down. With more pictures. Garry was busy getting ready to perform his bit in the show, so I had plenty of time to do this. I wish we’d stayed long enough to see the antique cars in the OTHER hanger, but by then, it was getting late. It was a long, circuitous ride home through some very tiny, twisting back roads … I’m hoping there will be a next time!

4. swo8 October 12, 2017 / 12:08 pm

Absolutely beautiful machine!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 12, 2017 / 12:35 pm

They have some first rate mechanics who work on these old planes constantly. Many of them still fly. Beautiful work done by some beautiful people.

• swo8 October 12, 2017 / 4:09 pm

They really look wonderful and I wouldn’t be surprised that they also can fly.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 12, 2017 / 10:23 pm

It requires more or less constant work, but they keep a surprising number of them in working order. I want a RIDE!

• swo8 October 13, 2017 / 1:59 pm

Would that be a blast!

5. DailyMusings October 14, 2017 / 7:37 pm

how neat is this?? What a great choice for scale- so unusual!!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 7:44 pm

It was my only excursion into an airplane hanger, so I guess that makes me a little bit lucky πŸ™‚