BONNIE – THE DAY AFTER HER SPA

Usually we take pictures of Bonnie and Gibbs at the groomers, but their new place is much smaller and doesn’t have that big front room. So we waited until we got home … and then we waited until the next day when hopefully, we’d have better light.

We had good light. Too much light — with a lot of very sharp shadows that make it hard to take pictures at all, much less pictures of a black dog with dark eyes and a black nose. I got a few more in the house, later. I took about 30 pictures  outside, of which 4 (maybe?) were sharp and the rest were various shades of blurry. A few more of the 40 more pictures I took in the living room came out, too.

Also, a great truth has come to me: it’s a lot easier to shoot the Scotties in black & white. Duh. I know. Obvious. But I wanted to get Garry in the pictures (I didn’t) and he looks good in color. No matter. We have a gallery of Bonnie, the short, plump, and entirely cute. Also, note that Bonnie has developed the best beard I’ve ever seen on a Scottie. It’s bigger and fully than Gibbs’ — and he’s a boy!

26 thoughts on “BONNIE – THE DAY AFTER HER SPA

• Garry Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 11:45 am

My Girl…. still the cutest Scottie of them all!!

1. slmret October 14, 2017 / 12:39 am

These are wonderful shots of Bonnie!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 12:23 pm

I took close to 75 shots in total — and got maybe 8 shots that were usable? Everything else is blurry. But with Bonnie, that’s a great day of shooting. She isn’t cooperative 🙂

2. Taswegian1957 October 14, 2017 / 4:45 am

Well at least you have some nice ones to remind you how nice she looks after being groomed. I imagine she is starting to get back to her normal rough and ready state by now.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 12:24 pm

Oh yeah. She is all spiky this morning. And of course, it’s going to rain, so we’ll have mud by this evening.

3. roughwighting October 14, 2017 / 9:14 am

Regally wise. I can tell, to know her is to love her.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 12:26 pm

And well you should be. It is thicker and longer and has developed a brown streak down the middle that makes her proud to be a Scottie. Proud, but not ‘umble.

4. swo8 October 14, 2017 / 2:32 pm

She’s looking spiffy. Is she getting more grey in her beard?

• Marilyn Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 4:54 pm

I first thought it was gray, but it’s brown. Her coat is browning a bit under the chin and in a few other places. Not unusual in older black dogs. The gray will come, too.

• swo8 October 14, 2017 / 7:36 pm

She must feel pleased with all that attention. (It’s a bit like going to the beauty parlour for us)

• Marilyn Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 7:45 pm

She likes the attention, but the smell of cleanliness and soap is something she feels obliged to fix. Quickly 🙂

• swo8 October 15, 2017 / 9:56 am

Oh dear, that would be bonus for me.

5. Embeecee October 14, 2017 / 3:59 pm

Aw!! Gorgeous girl, simply gorgeous!! ❤

• Marilyn Armstrong October 14, 2017 / 11:00 pm

Scotties, like many terriers, don’t shed. They have hair, rather than fur. So it is coarser than fur, but it feels soft to me 🙂

6. lwbut October 15, 2017 / 5:23 am

Picture, Picture on my screen
    Who’s the Bonniest of all the clean?

it’s nice to see her looking her best, if briefly! 😉

love