19 thoughts on “SHAPES AND LINES – BLACK & WHITE

1. lwbut October 16, 2017 / 1:28 am

Great ‘Artwork’ Spike! πŸ˜‰

Curiously, your moon is in almost 180 degree alignment with a pic i took last month! I’d love to hear the Flat Earth nutjob’s explanation for how we in the Southern hemisphere see the moon ‘inverted’ on the same night you in the Northern one see it ‘right way up’ πŸ˜‰

love.

• lwbut October 16, 2017 / 2:55 am

Think about this then… when you and Garry are standing up – and when i’m standing up, if we moved the Earth out of the way our soles would be ‘face to face’ πŸ˜‰

My up is quite literally your down and vice versa, in the larger general scheme of our Universe. πŸ™‚

love

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 11:02 am

THAT I did know. I had a friend from Melbourne (in Israel) and I realized if you stuck a pin through the earth, Melbourne is at the exact opposite side of the world. We could dig a tunnel. Get the dogs to help!

2. omniclassic October 16, 2017 / 3:12 am

I LIKE THESE A LOT, ALMOST LIKE DRAWINGS. GOOD CHOICES FOR THIS PROCESS AS WELL.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 11:05 am

She wanted pure shapes, so i used shapes. Bob says their moon is upside down in Melbourne. That’s cool!

3. Paula October 16, 2017 / 3:57 am

The ever changing shape of moon. I kept looking at all your examples, but the moon is catching my eye the longest. That’s a spectacular shot, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 11:01 am

It was a Harvest Moon and I think they seem to look as if they are the closest πŸ™‚ I’ve caught other moons, but that one was taken on a beach in October, so it’s special πŸ™‚

4. DailyMusings October 16, 2017 / 5:51 am

love that moon and using the photo editor with lines really made a difference!!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 11:11 am

It’s a Topaz filter called “Simplify.” It does beautiful work, if you have the right picture. And there’s a lot of twiddling with it, too … but this seemed a good opportunity to use it.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 12:54 pm

I needed pictures with sharp, clearly-defined edges … and significant contrast. This is one of the modes that either looks great, or like a bunch of meaningless scribbles, depending on the pictures. I try a bunch of different ones, then pick my favorites. The moon might make a good one too, but I like the moon the way it is πŸ™‚

5. queenofdanile October 16, 2017 / 8:09 am

Loving Figure at the Window… very Dali-esque

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 11:08 am

I think the figure was actually a reflection of the trees outside, but it does look like a figure — which I counted on πŸ™‚

6. swo8 October 16, 2017 / 10:03 am

Look at that moon, gorgeous the beauty of round. I agree that the other photos look like pen and ink drawings, quite nice.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 11:09 am

My pen-and-ink filter does some really interesting stuff, but youhave to have a very specific kind of picture for it to work. The moon is — well — OUR moon πŸ™‚ And a harvest moon at that.

7. bushboy October 17, 2017 / 12:34 am

I really enjoyed looking at the wonderful processed photos. Very clever Marilyn