FALL’S NOT OVER … NOT QUITE

Fall isn’t quite finished with us. It will linger through November unless we get a sudden cold spell and suddenly, it’s winter. Meanwhile, whatever the season is doing … I have pictures!

10 thoughts on “FALL’S NOT OVER … NOT QUITE

1. slmret October 17, 2017 / 12:18 am

Love that 3rd shot! If our weather predicts yours, it will be warm again before it gets cold!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 12:20 am

I wouldn’t be surprised. It got very warm yesterday. Colder today.

The trees are just dropping their leaves, a lot of them without even changing colors. All the yellow trees out back are bare, but the REST of the trees are still green. Weird weather.

2. angloswiss October 17, 2017 / 12:54 am

The good thing about the photos in Autumn is that the same place always looks different. Inshould take a Camera Walk some time before it is all over

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 1:06 am

You definitely should. This fall seems to be vanishing before I’ve even had a chance to enjoy it.

3. loisajay October 17, 2017 / 8:04 am

I would give anything for your fall, Marilyn. Here in Florida, we seem to skip from summer straight into winter. So strange.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 12:13 pm

You live in the one season (and a half) climate: summer and not-quite-summer. I like the sharp changes of seasons and when I lived without them, I missed them. In fact, it was the one thing I REALLY missed about home. More than friends and family and convenient technology, I missed the seasons. I always tried to come home for a couple of weeks in the fall so I got my “fix.” But, on the positive side, when we are neck deep in ice and snow, you aren’t. You get some, you lose some πŸ™‚

4. swo8 October 17, 2017 / 12:37 pm

It does look pretty out there. (we’ll just forget about that white stuff for the time being)

5. lwbut October 17, 2017 / 10:59 pm

Love # 2 and 3! After a 90 degree day on the weekend we’ve gone back into winter for a short spell – a falling branch completely blocked my driveway from very high winds on Monday…. but at least there is no white stufff πŸ˜‰ Supposed to be back over 90 by Sunday – weird indeed.

(White-stuff btw has an entirely different meaning down here! And we definitely don’t need none of dat!!)

love