ALL AGLOW – THE RADIANCE OF AUTUMN IN NEW ENGLAND

WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: GLOW

Radiant window, Autumn light
Radiant woods in October
Glowing trees at the dam
House with the blue door and the radiant maple tree
I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

30 thoughts on “ALL AGLOW – THE RADIANCE OF AUTUMN IN NEW ENGLAND

1. slmret October 19, 2017 / 12:18 am

The trees really do glow. I love the reflection shot, too, in which the reflection glows almost more than the scene itself!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 12:26 am

If there is going to be ONE place where the trees light up, the dam on the Mumford River in the middle of town is the place. It just took a really long time to get there. A lot of other places, the trees are still green … but the Mumford came through.

• Garry Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 1:56 pm

These are the best of times….for our autumnal portfolio.

2. slmret October 19, 2017 / 12:37 am

I’m glad you got out there again today!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 12:50 am

We had been planning to go out, but Garry didn’t feel well and it was gray and rainy … but today was lovely. Not so cold and Garry said “Let’s take our cameras and see if we can find something to shoot.” Luckily, we did find a good spot. They aren’t all good. Fall has not hit the valley evenly. Much of our local area is still green.

• slmret October 19, 2017 / 12:55 am

That’s interesting that the fall should be so uneven! But it’s still pretty where it’s arrived!

• Garry Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 1:59 pm

I still ain’t feelin’ good but it was a brief r/x to get out on the shoot. I was kneeling, bending down, crouching behind bushes, etc. for my pictures. A short time later, KA-BOOM!!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 2:16 pm

I looked at you on your knees on the sidewalk … and I knew that was gonna hurt. It pained me just looking at you.

3. swo8 October 19, 2017 / 11:00 am

Gorgeous, I especially like the picture of the glowing trees at the dam. The water is just like a mirror.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 12:00 pm

The only place you can be reasonably sure there will be color is along the water. I’m not sure why that is, but the trees by the edge of a river or pond are always much brighter than anywhere else. Good thing because a lot of other places were still more or less green!

• swo8 October 19, 2017 / 12:12 pm

By the water is just a natural beauty spot.

4. Bette A. Stevens October 19, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Gorgeous! Happy Autumn, Marilyn! Sun is shining here in Central Maine and much needed rain isn’t scheduled to arrive for another week…not complaining mind you. πŸ™‚ xo

• Marilyn Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 3:01 pm

I noticed the rivers are low for the first time this year. We’ve gotten a moderate amount of rain, be we are coming from a LONG drought period, so it’s going to be awhile before we’re “full” again.

It looks like you’ve got gorgeous foliage!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 4:19 pm

This is our “home dam” since it is right in the middle of town at our only sort of primary cross-road. It was the first thing I took pictures of when I moved here and it is still the place I go back to over and over again.

• Rebel Girl October 20, 2017 / 5:21 pm

It is much nicer than the ones we have here.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 6:56 pm

Autumn is really New England’s glory time. It is the best part of our year and sometimes, the ONLY good part of our year.

5. lwbut October 20, 2017 / 1:07 am

I like the whole dam lot! πŸ˜‰

Rest up a while and get yourself well soon Garry!

love

• lwbut October 21, 2017 / 12:58 am

Some things take time, and patience. I hope he’s not a grumpy (im)patient? πŸ˜‰

Have you made him some Chicken Soup?? πŸ˜‰

love

6. Rebel Guy October 20, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Dam I like the glowing trees. πŸ™‚