FALLS IN THE FALL – GARRY ARMSTRONG

THE FALLS – THURSDAY’S SPECIAL

It’s fall along the falls on the Mumford River. These are the brightest trees in the valley this October.

Fall on the falls on the Mumford
Along the Blackstone
Bright foliage above the dam and the falls

jupiter najnajnoviji

27 thoughts on “FALLS IN THE FALL – GARRY ARMSTRONG

1. Paula October 20, 2017 / 9:09 am

So you’ve combined the falls in Fall. I think I made this challenge for you :))

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 12:35 pm

You did. It was absolutely perfect πŸ™‚ We just spend the day before yesterday shooting over there, so I had … maybe 450 pictures of fall on the falls? I’ve been deleting about half of them because some are too light, a few are too dark and some are exactly like others, but I like the other one a little better. While Garry watches TV, I watch the show with one eye and process with the other. I catch him watching me as I work. “Is that mine or yours?” he asks. His have more interesting angles than mine. Mine are more post-card-ish.

• Garry Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 3:14 pm

I always look for angles. Thingies that tell stories without words. It’s the “Pappy Ford touch”.

• Garry Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 3:13 pm

Thanks, Paula. We had a great day for pictures.

• Garry Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 3:16 pm

Evelyne, Marilyn is the wordsmith.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 12:38 pm

This is a lovely area. When we get frustrated with our ever more decrepit house, we look around and think: “Well, yes, but look where we live?” I love your mountains, though. If we were more mountainous, this would be PERFECT. Really, this is foothills. The mountains are further west, but they are Appalachians, so not as peaky and pointy as your, nor as high. Well, not in Massachusetts, anyway. They get pretty big up in new Hampshire, Maine and Vermont.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 1:29 pm

We are on “ledge” here, the lower part of a small mountain. The hard part was convincing the water to not run down our driveway (which was a seasonal brook until the builder paved over it!) into the basement. French drains across width of house and through backyard into the woods … PLUS a sump and a pump and finally, we don’t wind up with half a foot of water every spring.

• Garry Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Mountain high, valley low…..

• Garry Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Thank you, Martha. Getting closer to the last autumn picture show.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 1:27 pm

Yes, definitely since a few days ago. And if we are lucky, they may get a bit brighter in other places. Got my fingers crossed.

• Garry Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 3:19 pm

Thanks, Slmret. It’s the Natalie Kalmus (technicolor movie lady) picture show.

• Garry Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 3:19 pm

Thanks, Leslie. I talked to the trees…..

2. Emilio Pasquale October 20, 2017 / 8:36 pm

Garry, I take it you’re feeling better. These shots are great. I did see some trees turning here in Las Vegas, but nothing worth shooting.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 8:51 pm

I think you need to be north of 38 degrees to see the real action πŸ™‚ Garry’s feeling a little better, but not good enough. If he isn’t a lot better at the beginning of next week, I’m going to drag his butt to the doctor.

• Emilio Pasquale October 21, 2017 / 11:06 am

Well, the last three days I’ve been feeling under the weather, which coincided with my annual physical. When I told the doctor, he said I probably picked up a virus and told me to get a flu shot. “Nothing serious”, he seemed to say. But isn’t everything serious at our age?

• Garry Armstrong October 21, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Yes, Emilio, feeling somewhat better but still not right as rain. Looking out living room window, it’s still beautiful around here.

3. lwbut October 21, 2017 / 1:21 am

Just Beautiful! πŸ™‚

Nicely done, Garry.

love

• Garry Armstrong October 21, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Thank you, Bob. THANK YOU!