WORLD SHARING AGAIN

Share Your World – October 16, 2017

If you had to move to a country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

I’d go back to Israel. It has a world of problems, but I love it. It is my other home.

What color would you like your bedroom to be?

Lavender. It is supposed to be the best for sleeping. A very light shade of lavender … not purple! Meanwhile, it’s off-white. Like every other room, except the kitchen where there is ancient wallpaper.

What makes you Happy? Make a list of things in your life that bring you joy.

I couldn’t possibly list that many things. Lots of things make me happy, some of them very small. And in no particular order.

A well-cooked meal.

A good book.

A post that comes out exactly the way I wanted it.

Unexpectedly good photographs.

Bright leaves on Autumn trees.

Flowers.

A good night’s reset.

The dogs.

Visiting friends.

Feeling better than usual.

Garry.

Sushi.

What inspired you or what did you appreciate this past week?  Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.

Glad we got out and got some reasonable photographs of our oh-so-brief Autumn.

16 thoughts on “WORLD SHARING AGAIN

1. QuietBlogster October 20, 2017 / 12:07 am

Haha, lavender (not purple) is a nice, calming color.

2. angloswiss October 20, 2017 / 12:45 am

We have everything painted off white as well, but I prefer it. You can always pep it up with accessories.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 12:59 am

That is my theory too. We have a lot of art on the walls — my photography, Garry’s awards, shelves with pottery. Anything else would be too complicated. And it might clash.

3. draliman October 20, 2017 / 3:01 am

My bedroom isn’t lavender but I guess I can fiddle with my bedside lamp bulb and see if I can achieve lavender. Help me to drop off as I read 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 12:12 pm

I never thought about changing light bulbs. We use all those “low wattage fluorescent bulbs and I don’t know if they come in colors, but that might make a pleasant change … if the bulb exists. Good idea!

I’m told that I need to get a new kindle so the blue light doesn’t wake me up … but the new ones aren’t as good as my old one …. so … and then, there’s the oldish computer which I don’t use much, but is there so when I get a great idea in the middle of the night, I can write enough of it down so it isn’t gone by morning. Not going to reinvest in that one, either. I’m grateful it works at all!

• draliman October 23, 2017 / 8:18 am

I’ve got those Philips Hue bulbs so I can set any colour I like 🙂

4. Cee Neuner October 20, 2017 / 10:20 am

I really like the photo at the bottom of your post. I enjoyed reading your replies. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong October 20, 2017 / 12:28 pm

That is a favorite shot. It’s something about the yellow lichen that grows on the stones. That lichen is always there, by the way, even in the dead of winter. Hardy stuff! In this fall light, it looked more orange than yellow, but I decided to go with the natural light. Everything looks like it was washed with gold this time of year 🙂

• swo8 October 20, 2017 / 12:37 pm

Yes that photo is exceptionally, beautiful.

5. Rebel Girl October 20, 2017 / 4:58 pm

“But … my bedroom is off white. With dust.” 🙂
    It looks like we have the same Buddha.