THE MOON IS ROUND

Gibbous moon at night
Super moon – November 2016
Bad moon in Barnstable
I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

47 thoughts on “THE MOON IS ROUND

1. angloswiss October 26, 2017 / 12:24 am

Moon shots are inviting but need patience and a steady hand which I don’t have. Yours are very good.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 12:27 am

I have never gotten pictures like that last one which was taken on a beach in 2013. And it was taken with a pocket camera with a longish lens. The picture is really two pictures put together and it took me almost all day to find it. I think I went through every file from that period of time. I finally found it on a backup drive. I don’t think I could do it again. i was a lot steadier four years ago than i am now. i don’t think I could even stand on the beach for that much time anymore.

• Garry Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:19 pm

For some reason, your Barnstable Moon reminds me of “Night of the Hunter” and Mitchum’s bat-crazy minister on the prowl for children. Charles Laughton, in his only directorial effort, used the moon very effectively.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 27, 2017 / 2:45 pm

This looks like one of the crazy moons that chased you through those old black & white cartoons.

• Garry Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:22 pm

Bro Ben, one of my old TV News Camera mates always insisted on using “sticks” for stories — even high chase stories. Many thought he was crazy. Maybe. But I LOVED working with him.

• Garry Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:16 pm

I love the Barnstable moon! It’s absolutely luminous!!

• Garry Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:23 pm

THat’s an “over the moon” emotion shot.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:37 pm

For those of us who like pointing cameras at the sky, the moon is quite a wonder. Amazing how well we can shoot it with even a modest little camera, isn’t it?

2. queenofdanile October 26, 2017 / 8:56 am

I just love the word “gibbous.”

• Garry Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:25 pm

Queen, it just rolls off your tongue with measured pacing.

• queenofdanile October 27, 2017 / 7:33 am

Well, Gracias MrA. Knew you could hear it from there. Unfortunately, there aren’t many opportunities for it to be utilized. And hunchbacks in churches just somehow ain’t got the same charm.

• Garry Armstrong October 28, 2017 / 3:32 pm

Notre Dame, Queen??

• queenofdanile October 29, 2017 / 8:29 am

When a kid I looked up the word gibbous in the dictionary (the real deal kind) so I would know how to pronounce. One example of its use was, of course, the moon. Another example was a hunchback. As any kid, I found that simply hilarious and it’s stuck with me ever since.

3. swo8 October 26, 2017 / 11:42 am

The beauty of “round” that lovely old moon, beautiful photos Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:35 pm

Nothing seemed rounder than the moon πŸ™‚ And I’ve shot the moon a lot of times, once in a while very successfully, others not so much. The one of the moon over the harbor is two picture, joined and is a favorite.

• swo8 October 26, 2017 / 3:27 pm

Well done Marilyn.

• queenofdanile October 27, 2017 / 7:38 am

MrsA… Did I just hear you publicly admit you shoot the moon?!? Aren’t we getting a tad old for that?

4. Covert Novelist October 26, 2017 / 1:37 pm

WOW just WOW absolutely stunning. I love night photography and what could be better than an exquisite moon or two … gorgeous!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:34 pm

It was night on a beach on Cape Cod and I got these two pictures and they were perfect to “fuse” into one. The sea was perfectly flat and the sky was the same color … so this is one of only two pictures I every joined into one. the others were all taken from my deck during periods when there weren’t too many leaves. Usually, I can’t see the moon from here. Too many trees.

• Covert Novelist October 26, 2017 / 3:13 pm

I love the shot through the trees though, it has an ephemeral quality, and an excitement to it. I love it. The others are spectacular. Moon shots are some of the most “mysterious” or “romantic” or just plain fun. I so enjoyed them all!

5. Garry Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:27 pm

“The Moon Is Blue” (’53/Paramount. William Holden, David Niven, Maggie MacNamara, Otto Kruger. Director/Otto Preminger

• Marilyn Armstrong October 26, 2017 / 2:32 pm

I could make it blue, if you like. I could make it almost any color, to your preference πŸ™‚

• Garry Armstrong October 28, 2017 / 3:33 pm

BIGLY says “FAKE MOON!” He has the BIGGEST moon of all. AWESOME!!