THE 7-DAY BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE – DAY 7 – ENDING A SECOND ROUND

Sue Vincent from Sue Vincent’s Daily Echo, a wonderful site and definitely a thinking person’s website. Anyway, she hailed me to come join this challenge. Again. And I said yes. Why not?

I did this first time around on behest of Judy Dykstra-Brown. Sometimes, getting roped into something is just what we need. My black & white photography never got the energy and effort I’ve used for color photography. This project improved my work.

“Seven days. Seven black and white photos of your life.
No people. No explanation. Challenge someone new each day.”

Having directly or indirectly finagled more than a few people to join this challenge a few weeks ago, I’d feel a bit bashful asking them again, but I invite you to consider giving this challenge a go, even if you’ve done it already. A push to do better work is always good for your art. Moreover, finding a good black & white picture that represents “you” in some interesting visual way poses an interesting mental challenge — an artistic double-whammy, so to speak. At least one of the pictures I used in the first round of challenges turned out to be one of my most popular-ever posts.

Who’d have thunk it.

This is the last post in this sequence. Maybe I’ll start showing more black & white photography. I think it’s time.

15 thoughts on “THE 7-DAY BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE – DAY 7 – ENDING A SECOND ROUND

1. slmret November 13, 2017 / 12:10 am

Hah! The dogs definitely have picked out their spots on the sofa!

• Marilyn Armstrong November 13, 2017 / 12:29 am

Usually, it’s two rather than three, but Duke is not up to snuff and he decided instead of bullying the smaller dogs, he’d just sack out with them. Good move.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 13, 2017 / 1:13 am

I got the bandage off and it isn’t bleeding anymore. He’s walking better. I think all the fur caught up in the tape was making him very uncomfortable, too. Now he’s “toeing down,” so I think he’s going to be ok. I left the bandage off since he isn’t bleeding and coated him with antibiotic ointment. See how it looks in the morning, but if it looks as good as it did tonight, I think we will be good to go.

2. Bill Chance November 13, 2017 / 12:30 am

Beautiful shot – I needed something relaxing. Congratulations on doing the challenge twice – I stopped after one set.

Thanks for sharing.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 13, 2017 / 1:15 am

It was really good practice. I found myself thinking differently about the pictures i took to make sure they’d be good in black & white. It’s was a useful challenge.

3. jenanita01 November 13, 2017 / 4:05 am

You have inspired me… off to check my photo archives!

• Marilyn Armstrong November 13, 2017 / 5:35 am

Great! It’s amazing what you can discover in those archives. If only you can find what you’re looking for …. unlike me.

4. swo8 November 13, 2017 / 12:20 pm

I would title that as “Nap time at the Armstrong’s”.