DIRECTION: WHERE AM I GOING? – A PHOTO A WEEK CHALLENGE

A Photo a Week Challenge: Directional

In the end, we will still lose our way. Because we are deeply, phenomenally, directionally-challenged. With a GPS, maps and printed directions, it’s still no better than 50-50 we’ll actually get there.

17 thoughts on “DIRECTION: WHERE AM I GOING? – A PHOTO A WEEK CHALLENGE

1. slmret November 25, 2017 / 12:12 am

And the graffitti will get you every time!

• Marilyn Armstrong November 25, 2017 / 12:24 am

We are permanently lost. When we were in Ireland for our honeymoon, we decided we weren’t REALLY lost. We were exploring. I have been tempted to create my own graffiti with arrow so we can double back and know which way to go.

• omniclassic November 25, 2017 / 4:55 pm

I always tell friends and acquaintances that “I’m never lost because I’m always somewhere.” Ba domp bomp ching!

• Marilyn Armstrong November 25, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Which works out pretty well if you’re on vacation. Not so well when you are trying to get to an interview πŸ™‚

2. swo8 November 25, 2017 / 11:09 am

Do you remember the Burma Shave signs? Do they have the any more?

• Marilyn Armstrong November 25, 2017 / 5:18 pm

The last time I saw those signs was in the mid 1960s way down south — maybe Georgia? I have no idea if there are any signs anymore. They were never common up here in the north. I don’t even know if there IS a Burma Shave anymore.

• swo8 November 25, 2017 / 7:48 pm

When I was a kid my parents drove us down to Florida one winter and the had us looking out for the signs.

• slmret November 25, 2017 / 10:25 pm

What fun that must have been!

• Marilyn Armstrong November 25, 2017 / 10:46 pm

It was interesting. I love flying, so I’m never scared, even when I should be.

• swo8 November 26, 2017 / 11:55 am

Fun to reminisce ….

• slmret November 25, 2017 / 10:26 pm

Every once in a while driving in the desert you can see one sign of a saying. It’s great fun to figure out what the rest of the saying must have been!

• Marilyn Armstrong November 25, 2017 / 10:46 pm

I remember driving MILES through Burma Shave signs. I think almost the entire road through George was lined with Burma Shave signs.

3. Rebel Girl November 26, 2017 / 10:11 am

Seek Alt Route! Never seen that before. Here they use signs that you follow to get you around whatever is making you use the detour.

4. nancy merrill November 27, 2017 / 2:00 pm

I’m not sure which I enjoyed more, the pictures or your explanation of losing your way. πŸ™‚ Wonderful post! Thanks for joining the challenge!