FENCES AND GATES IN BLACK & WHITE

Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Fences and Gates

Old wooden gate in a stone fence around the farm in the valley
Grasses and an old wooden fence
The long fence in a blizzard
Deck fencing – snow again
A very western fence in Arizona — Photo: Garry Armstrong
Fencing in the cows

16 thoughts on “FENCES AND GATES IN BLACK & WHITE

1. angloswiss December 2, 2017 / 12:44 am

I like the deck fencing with the shadows.

2. Cee Neuner December 2, 2017 / 11:18 am

Terrific photos for this week. Somehow that first photo of yours doesn’t make sense. A brand new house and that gate. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong December 2, 2017 / 11:22 am

I think the house is remodeled. Older than it looks. It’s a wealthy area.

3. Tish Farrell December 2, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Well fenced, both. especially like the Garry shot.

4. swo8 December 2, 2017 / 12:49 pm

I love the sepia fence and dried grasses the best. It must have been a lovely day (without snow).

• Garry Armstrong December 2, 2017 / 1:15 pm

My favorite also.

It has a “Portrait of Jennie” feeling.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 2, 2017 / 1:16 pm

It’s a magnificent farm. The barn is a work of art, too. Perfect and old and beautifully maintained.

5. Rebel Girl December 2, 2017 / 10:00 pm

The first two and the western ones are my favourites! All great photos though.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 2, 2017 / 10:07 pm

There’s just western one, so I think the other one are my neighbor’s cows 🙂 The first one is a farm-estate not too far away, but a very wealthy area adjacent to a private lake — something you don’t see much in this area. The second one — I think it was somewhere in the woods. I was hunting for stone fences and found a wooden one instead. The western one is one of my husband’s and I have always loved the geometry of it 🙂 Thank you!!

• Garry Armstrong December 4, 2017 / 11:31 am

Fences along Picketwire….keep Liberty Valance and his smarmy gang out.