BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY: TEXTURE – BOOTS

BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY: TEXTURE – THE BOOTS OF WINTER

mergeyes_widget

13 thoughts on “BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY: TEXTURE – BOOTS

• Garry Armstrong December 3, 2017 / 1:32 pm

Warm feet, a warmer heart.

• swo8 December 3, 2017 / 2:01 pm

I just know there’s a warm heart there.

1. bushboy December 4, 2017 / 4:46 am

So Australian………..warm but yes not for when out in the rain or near puddles πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong December 4, 2017 / 10:48 am

These, oddly, are American. Most of my boots are Uggs, but these are Minnetonka from Minnesota.

• bushboy December 4, 2017 / 2:49 pm

Oh sorry my mistake. Minnitonka? A tribal name?

• bushboy December 4, 2017 / 2:54 pm

I have always loved the name Ugg. Has the caveman sound and they can look “cavemannish” also Ugg is short for ugly πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

2. Paula December 4, 2017 / 8:12 am

Awww, these look so appealing. What’s your size? I really love the photo and interpretation, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 4, 2017 / 10:42 am

I’m just a little over 5 feet aka short. This was a big one, maybe 40 feet high — like three stories? They don’t usually get that big because pieces of them drop off as they age. This one was in good shape because the owner was cutting branches before they fell and I suspect feeding it, too. These normally live in the Sonoran desert where they get almost no rain and lots of sand and blazing heat. Truly, this was the biggest ironwood I’ve ever seen and in remarkably healthy condition. Of course, it was in someone’s front yard, so you don’t get the “vistas” of desert … but that was why it WAS so healthy!