SNOW SKY AT DUSK

I believe I have mentioned how the light the day after snow is different. The sky seems to glow in a variety of magical colors. Today, it was a pale tangerine — a cross between pink and light orange.

I didn’t get out to the deck until the latter part of the afternoon, so it’s a dusk sky with the glow of oncoming evening. I would have taken some even better sky shots, but I didn’t have boots and this year, I am not going to destroy my slippers.

12 thoughts on “SNOW SKY AT DUSK

1. eloquentparadise December 12, 2017 / 1:12 am

These pictures make me want to quit my job and travel to wherever you are located so that I can see this majestic view without a lens. Love it!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 12, 2017 / 1:40 am

Sometimes, it’s so lovely I catch my breath just looking around. I think it has grown on us, too over the years.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 12, 2017 / 2:28 am

We didn’t move here because it was so attractive. It was good priced real estate. Basically, we could afford it. AND we could afford a pretty big place for a reasonably small price. After we were here for a while, we began to realize how lovely it is. The longer we are here, the prettier we find it.

2. angloswiss December 12, 2017 / 2:11 am

We don’t have such nice snow skies. Sometimes the sun might break through, but we often have hanging grey clouds as a background to the snow.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 12, 2017 / 2:14 am

When it’s actually snowing, the sky is usually white, like the snow. But when the storm ends, it’s like someone shined the air. It’s brilliant and bright and clear. I think the snow really does clean the air of all the dust and debris. The brightest days in winter are the days right after a storm … unless another one is coming in.

You can see a snow sky, here. Not only is it white, but you can smell snow. I’m told it’s the ions in the air.

3. lwbut December 12, 2017 / 4:29 am

I love the snow on the railing.. and the tree trunks, although i imagine it gets ‘old’ a lot sooner when you are living in it! 😉

• Marilyn Armstrong December 12, 2017 / 6:24 am

February is the “Please thaw” month. And March, most people are pretty desparate for some green.

4. swo8 December 12, 2017 / 10:54 am

We have are having the same storm here at the moment, Marilyn. It does give the sky a certain glow.