TOY PICTURES OF CHRISTMAS

I wanted the toys to look like toys. Then I decided I wanted everything to look like toys. I’m not sure it was my best artistic idea, but I tried it anyway. I sort of like it. And sort of don’t. But you gotta admit … it’s interesting.

27 thoughts on “TOY PICTURES OF CHRISTMAS

• Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2017 / 11:46 am

Maybe 10 minutes? another five to add the lights — all of which have gone dark. Talk about cheesy batteries!

• AlexisChateauPR December 14, 2017 / 12:53 pm

Yeah, batteries these days can hardly handle what we throw at them. At least it lasted long enough to get a few pictures. πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2017 / 12:46 pm

I bought a new set of light that work on AA batteries — mine are ALL rechargeable — but I haven’t yet had the strength of character to remove the old lights. The new ones are a big bigger — I hope not too big. Guess I’ll find out. Eventually.

1. angloswiss December 14, 2017 / 12:25 am

I like your two wooden toy men, very original

• Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2017 / 11:45 am

Nutcrackers. One supposed to be just like the one in the Nutcracker Suite. The other one is dressed like a cowboy which I bought for Garry because I thought it was kind of cute. They have no real use, of course, just decorations. But they are bright and pretty.

2. evilsquirrel13 December 14, 2017 / 7:13 am

Considering what passes for toys these days, these photos are as good as any for the subject. I’m sure the dawgs would find a lot of things around the house they’d consider to be “toys”…

• Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2017 / 11:37 am

For Duke, anything wood is a toy. Coffee table, chairs, handles of brooms. He isn’t picky, either. Eventually, I’ll own an all aluminum house. Gibbs and Bonnie like the stuffy ones until they dismember and gut them. But that’s where all the FUN is!

3. loisajay December 14, 2017 / 8:19 am

Everything looks so cozy. You did great, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2017 / 11:47 am

It is cozy. I keep the tree fully decorated in the attic, along with the two nutcrackers. So it all goes up in minutes, then I bag it all and it goes BACK to the attic. Why didn’t I think of this earlier?

• Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2017 / 9:11 pm

Well, it’s simple genius. All it requires is a right sized tree, a BIG black plastic trash bag … and either an attic or a basement. And a kid who can haul it down or upstairs πŸ˜€

4. swo8 December 14, 2017 / 10:15 am

Just love your “Nutcrackers” Marilyn.

5. jcalberta December 14, 2017 / 11:20 am

I haven’t forgotten the joy and excitement of a Christmas morning for us 6 kids.
    Seems long ago now though.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2017 / 11:43 am

I have a lot of toys — old toys. I used to collect them. Now, I just have the remainder of all those toys — a few hundred dolls and teddy bears and all that. I love them. Kids love them but their parents don’t want to be bothered with toys that require a semblance of maintenance. That’s why modern toys are all plastic crap. It’s not the kids … it’s their folks.

6. Covert Novelist December 14, 2017 / 11:54 am

I love the toy men, so colourful and fun! I love the teddy bear by the tree. It’s inviting, fun and unique. Oh and fun! did I mention that? hehe

• Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2017 / 9:12 pm

All these toys and no kids I can give them to. Pity. I keep trying, but the mothers don’t want “fancy” toys.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2017 / 12:19 am

Well, I don’t know about treasures. I think both of them cost me $5. But they are bright and fun.

7. Rebel Girl December 15, 2017 / 12:30 am

I do love the Nutcrackers but that bear looks adorable!