CANDLELIGHT AT HANUKKAH PLUS CHRISTMAS TREE

THURSDAY’S SPECIAL: TRADITION — OR HAVE A MULTI-CULTURAL HOLIDAY SEASON

It’s Hanukkah. Finding the right candles for my Menorah has proved nearly impossible, so I simply light candles, murmur the prayer and that’s fine. There’s actually no law that says you have to use a specific type of candle holder. Any candles can do the job, celebrating brightness against the darkness.

jupiter najnajnoviji

13 thoughts on “CANDLELIGHT AT HANUKKAH PLUS CHRISTMAS TREE

1. angloswiss December 15, 2017 / 1:04 am

We always have a candle burning somewhere during the winter months, seems to be a Swiss thing, but I like it.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2017 / 1:38 am

It’s gotten to be quite American, too. I don’t these days because of Duke. All he has to do it knock one over. It’s okay, as long as I’m watching, but until Duke calms down, we have to be really careful about fire.

2. Paula December 15, 2017 / 7:00 am

I’m thankful you shared your light with me, Marilyn. Happy Hanukkah!

3. swo8 December 15, 2017 / 1:22 pm

A candle always bring a sense of hope to me.

4. evelyneholingue December 15, 2017 / 6:08 pm

Happy Hanukkah to you! And the votives look lovely. In the past, I was able to find the perfectly-sized candles for mini turkey candle holders I loved to display for Thanksgiving. I got them at at William Sonoma but I haven’t found them for the last three years. So maybe it is as hard to find candles for a Menorah now. Too bad. But again the votives are perfect.

5. evelyneholingue December 15, 2017 / 6:09 pm

Oh, I just noticed that you added a link to my recent post on your blog. Thank you so much! I appreciate the nod.