SIX LETTERS INCLUDING R? PHOTO SCRABBLE?

Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: R – Needs to start with the letter R or have at least six letters including an R – or anyway, that’s the way I did it, so if I did it wrong, oops

If we go to seven letters, do I get an extra 50 points? Aren’t we lucky that one out of every two words has an “r” in it? I don’t know if that’s true, really, but it certainly seems like it … especially when you are trying to play Scrabble without an “r” … or an “e.”

Radiating light on the new bedroom quilt covering
Grooming Gibbs
Radiant Christmas
Brightest sky over earliest snowfall

12 thoughts on “SIX LETTERS INCLUDING R? PHOTO SCRABBLE?

1. angloswiss December 20, 2017 / 12:53 am

I got mixed up with this one and found words beginning with „r“ but less thy 6 letters. Like your choices.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 1:01 am

Oh well. These are beginning to get a bit complicated. It feels a bit like photo scrabble. I didn’t even realize I’d gotten it wrong until it was posted and by then, I didn’t feel like taking it down and starting over. Oops!

2. evilsquirrel13 December 20, 2017 / 8:53 am

Next up…… photos of objects that have a prime number of letters, at least one dipthong, and don’t obey the I before E except after C rule. Shouldn’t be too difficult…

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 1:28 pm

But — I still get 50 extra points if I use at least seven letters, right?

3. Covert Novelist December 20, 2017 / 12:03 pm

I found your post completely entertaining. I agree with the r and e and scrabble in particular. I used to play scrabble and crib as a kid for hours on end. I played cards too and it got to the point that no one would play because I always won. I was lucky I guess. I wouldn’t dream of insulting anyone by slacking off or giving up as that wasn’t a true win in my book. Still, countless hours of fun usually ensued and I’m looking forward to some new games over the holidays. My son found one about memes and I urged him to buy it as it will be a new game we’ll all enjoy. Not having to worry about r or e is a good thing! haha

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 1:30 pm

I was also a BIG card player, though scrabble really IS my game. I got good enough to compete, but I hate competing, so I didn’t. I was a moderately acceptable NON competitive bridge player and played a killer game of canasta. No one plays cards anymore. I miss it!

• Covert Novelist December 20, 2017 / 2:14 pm

We play canasta every christmas, hours and hours and hours of it, cause I have the grands hooked, hahahaha. They think nothing of playing 8 hours straight, with a minor stop for lunch. We play crib a lot as well. I enjoyed scrabble very much, but I’m not competitive and I don’t enjoy competitive games. I learned from friends who had to win at all costs…so I won’t play if someone has to win! It takes the enjoyment out of it for me. I play to have fun. Winning is a bonus for me.

4. swo8 December 20, 2017 / 12:29 pm

Love the photos Marilyn but “r” is a tough one.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 1:31 pm

A six lettered R? Yeah, that was getting a little complicated for my simple mind. I misread it, too, so I got it really wrong, but hey, the pictures are ok 🙂

• swo8 December 20, 2017 / 4:30 pm

The pictures are delightful.