THE BEST OF THE MONTHS OF 2017

And what a year it has been! Terrifying politics and weird weather. Dogs and new dogs and a summer that wouldn’t end … plus an autumn that never quite began. Now, here we are. December, the last month of the year. Christmas is just days away and you know I haven’t wrapped anything. This may be the year I skip the wrapping and just hand them out!

Okay, I’ll try to do better than that.

Month by month, this was the year that was.

JANUARY

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER

I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

30 thoughts on “THE BEST OF THE MONTHS OF 2017

1. angloswiss December 20, 2017 / 1:42 pm

So many photos, but I love that bird in the first one in April

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 1:58 pm

He was a new one for us! These red finches used to be “cage birds,” but it became illegal to keep them in cages, so the pet stores freed them. Now they are living everywhere from Canada to Mexico. And they are such pretty little birds, too!

2. Dennis December 20, 2017 / 2:03 pm

Lots of awesome photos! You know that I always like nature or scenery photos, and your area is beautiful! But I am also impressed by your family photos! Really cool shots!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Thank you πŸ™‚ It was nice to see a year of pictures. Not as exciting as some years, but not so bad. Better than many others.

3. draliman December 20, 2017 / 2:37 pm

A lovely pictorial round-up of your year πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 4:07 pm

I couldn’t do it with one picture. I couldn’t do it with a few. I finally just did the whole year and it was kind of fun. It reminded me what I did with the year, too.

4. swo8 December 20, 2017 / 6:52 pm

2017 was a very good year, Marilyn. Let’s see what 2018 brings.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 10:30 pm

A good year, at least insofar as no one was ill and we survived! Let’s home for another year of getting through it.

• swo8 December 21, 2017 / 10:27 am

We are wishing you all there a happy and prosperous New Year, Marilyn, a very Merry Christmas too.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 12:05 pm

Thank you! Bought all the stuff for making dinner yesterday and the lamb arrives tomorrow. I need to bake something, too, but I don’t yet know what. Scones maybe?

• swo8 December 21, 2017 / 12:17 pm

Scones sound good to me.

5. momshieb December 20, 2017 / 8:16 pm

Beautiful photos. Proof positive of why I so love spring and summer here in Massachusetts!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 10:31 pm

Spring is just so brief around here. By the time you see it, there’s one beautiful afternoon — every leaf in the state opens — and next morning, summer πŸ˜€

6. Covert Novelist December 20, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Really beautiful photos, but I found the photo of you in succession with other’s taking photos absolutely delightful – playful, fun, interesting, cute, and just plain wonderful! Thank you for sharing your year in review too. So enjoyed this!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2017 / 10:32 pm

Thank you! That is MY favorite photograph. Actually Garry took it of me taking the shot of Ben. Picture in picture in picture.

7. Taswegian1957 December 21, 2017 / 12:03 am

A lovely round up of the year in pictures but what struck me most was have you really had Duke since July? I mean obviously you have as he first appears in pictures then but it seems as if it was just a short time ago and he’s been a fully fledged family member since the summer!

8. redstuffdan December 21, 2017 / 7:40 am

What fantastic pictures – 2017 must have been one of your vintage years – you reflect the passing seasons perfectly and with an obvious warmth and love of your subjects – it shines through – Bravo!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Thank you. It probably wasn’t one of my best years, but I think it may have been my best year for processing. I’ve bought quite a lot of processing stuff from Topaz and the results are better pictures. And I have some better lenses and better cameras and they all make a difference in the quality of the result, if not the quantity. I never quite mastered Photoshop, but with filters, I’m much better because Photoshop has become the place from which I pick out the filters. Topaz is busily creating their own stand-alone software and while there are things they need to fix, it has gotten much better and very quickly. They do frequent updates, too. If something isn’t working, they fix it. So all in all, I’m happy with the year. I don’t get out as much as I did, though.

9. usfman December 21, 2017 / 7:00 pm

Based on your pictures, October would be my favorite month from a seasonal perspective.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 7:52 pm

Normally, me too, but October was very disappointing this year. We got one good week and I took a camera everywhere — and then it was finished. Usually, we get at least three, maybe four weeks.

10. evelyneholingue December 22, 2017 / 4:14 pm

Impossible task to pick a favorite. Obvioulsy the pets run the show and your dogs are just very photogenic.
    Looking forward to more photos next year. Enjoy the season and I hope the snowstorm won’t be too too bad.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 22, 2017 / 4:20 pm

They are “predicting” between 1 and 4 inches — which means they have NO idea. It’s pretty big storm, coming in from the midwest and across New England into Canada. Where we lie across the path? We may get very little or we may get buried. But the storm is already very late and it’s barely flurrying outside, so maybe we’ll get lucky πŸ™‚

Merry Christmas to all of you and yours and let us hope for a better year to come!

• evelyneholingue December 24, 2017 / 10:32 am

Take care up there and yes let’s hope for a better 2018!