NIGHT AND LIGHT – THURSDAY’S SPECIAL

THURSDAY’S SPECIAL: DARKNESS AND LIGHT

“They say there is no light without dark, no good without evil, no male without female, no right without wrong. That nothing can exist if it’s direct opposite does not also exist.”Laurell K. Hamilton, Incubus Dreams

Twilight over Aldrich Street

jupiter najnajnoviji

25 thoughts on “NIGHT AND LIGHT – THURSDAY’S SPECIAL

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 1:14 pm

Thank you. We were just driving home from the grocery and there was that amazing light! Our road heads almost due west and east, so we get sunrise on the way out and sunset on the way home. Sometimes, we get lucky — AND I have a camera.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 1:49 pm

I try to always have one, but sometimes, either I forgot … or it’s not the right one. I’m beginning to feel sort of like a boy scout: Be prepared!

• Sue Vincent December 21, 2017 / 2:31 pm

Yep, I’m the same…I feel naked without a camera handy!

1. slmret December 21, 2017 / 1:00 pm

A great illustration of the opposites of darkness and light!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 1:15 pm

I can’t get sunrise or sunset at home because of trees, so it turns out the road is one of the best places to catch it … almost always by accident and inevitably on the way home from something. The MOST amazing part was that I had the right camera 🙂

2. swo8 December 21, 2017 / 1:06 pm

You can see the rays of sunlight, amazing, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 1:16 pm

I caught it right before it disappeared. And we were lucky that Garry had a place to pull over. Sometimes, you can’t because the sides of the road are swampy, but I had a camera and the road had a shoulder 😀

• swo8 December 21, 2017 / 3:59 pm

The timing was everything….

3. Garry Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 1:07 pm

Luminous and haunting….

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 1:17 pm

And that IS why I have a camera and why I start to yell PULL OVER PULL OVER. It isn’t to make you crazy … it’s just I see a shot 🙂

4. DailyMusings December 21, 2017 / 8:11 pm

What an absolutely perfect photo for this challenge. Stunning, Marilyn

• Marilyn Armstrong December 21, 2017 / 8:56 pm

Thank you. So many of my best pictures were total accidents. Maybe I should just skip the planning and go with accidents?

5. Anonymous December 22, 2017 / 6:55 am

Enchanting scene, and photo, dear Marilyn. Wishing you and Garry lots of light and love!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 22, 2017 / 9:57 am

And to you too, even though you just showed up as anonymous … I’m sure I know you. If you have a chance, sign in with your name!

6. Heyjude December 22, 2017 / 2:26 pm

That’s a pretty spectacular winter scene Marilyn. Well captured.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 23, 2017 / 3:43 pm

Thank you. There’s an angle in the road and if you get there at the right time — with the right clouds, there’s the shot. That is the ONLY time I found it AND had a camera.

7. restlessjo December 23, 2017 / 3:41 pm

There are some lovely skies at this time of year. 🙂 🙂 All the best to you for Christmas and the year ahead.