PROCLIVITY?

I have not a single thought to go with proclivity as a prompt. I know what it means. Definition isn’t the issue. It’s just that my head is empty. Nothing pops up. Not a memory from way back when — or a line from a movie — or the title of a song.

Nada.

Nothing.

Zero.

Sometimes, the magic works. Sometimes, it doesn’t. Maybe next time?

I think the household is going through post-holiday burnout while we wait for a plow to dig us out. If we get dug out, I can call the oil truck. Right now, it’s all about waiting, while the dogs are sound asleep.

That’s probably what I should be doing, if I think about it.

24 thoughts on “PROCLIVITY?

1. Garry Armstrong December 26, 2017 / 1:22 pm

I don’t think the dogs are in any burnout except for treats. Hey, Duke — want a celery stalk?

• Marilyn Armstrong December 26, 2017 / 2:40 pm

They are exhausted from fighting for treats. It’s a hard world, my friend. And they have to work for every treat.

• Garry Armstrong December 27, 2017 / 11:31 am

Exhausted from fighting for treats. I **LOVE** it!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 27, 2017 / 11:43 am

It’s all the leaping and running around in circles growling. That take a lot of energy, you know.

2. angloswiss December 26, 2017 / 1:24 pm

My english vocabulary gets more limited the longer I live in Switzerland and this word never got to me at all, I did not have a clue what I was talking about. Every day I wait for the word of the day and every day I just start writing hoping that something might happen. If I didn’t write the prompt I would not have a clue what to write about.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 26, 2017 / 2:39 pm

Well, proclivity didn’t do much to rock my mental world. It just means “a tendency to … ” and right now, my tendency is to do absolutely NOTHING. Some of their word choices are a bit weird. There are so many words in the language, why “proclivity”?

When I lived in Israel, many of the “old timer” Americans and Brits had lost a lot of their English. It happens. Even when they spoke English, they mixed a lot of Hebrew in with their comments. Even I did that because everyone understood it. We used to call the language “Ivleet” which is a mix of Hebrew and English. Even the American and Israeli kids mixed the languages — and they spoke it so fast, you couldn’t tell WHAT language they were speaking.

• Garry Armstrong December 27, 2017 / 11:32 am

I still love “disingenuous”. (sp?)

3. Embeecee December 26, 2017 / 1:39 pm

A proclivity (what an odd choice of a ‘word of the day’) of nothingness. Apt for Dec 26th.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 26, 2017 / 2:38 pm

My entire ‘proclivity’ for today was drinking coffee, getting the front walk clear, and remembering to call the oil people and have them deliver. That’s a lot of stuff, isn’t it?

4. swo8 December 26, 2017 / 1:56 pm

I’m giving a “nap” a serious consideration. It’s so darned cold up here.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 26, 2017 / 2:36 pm

It is very cold. I just went out and shoveled the front walk. My hands froze in a blink. But it’s a “dry” cold πŸ™‚

• swo8 December 26, 2017 / 2:44 pm

We have the “wet” cold and it is frigid.

5. Martha Kennedy December 26, 2017 / 2:28 pm

Massachusetts has a proclivity for snow, I guess, and your dogs have a proclivity to look at it through the window. πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong December 26, 2017 / 2:34 pm

Yes. Staring at it through the window is their “thing,” though they also like to run out and jump around in it. Funny how much they hate rain, but love snow!

6. Fandango December 26, 2017 / 3:46 pm

Nice post for having nothing, nada, zero!

7. fromsandyknob December 30, 2017 / 9:22 pm

Tis a depth of winter type of day….Maybe a long winter’s nap type of day…

• Marilyn Armstrong December 31, 2017 / 12:36 am

I’m hoping Garry will let me sleep and HE will get up for a change. I can hope.