THE WINTER BLUES – SWO8 BLUES JAZZ AND A BLIZZARD

IT’S FEBRUARY AND WE’VE GOT THE WINTER BLUES!

First published Feb 15, 2015 – YouTube

My collaborator, Leslie Martel of swo8 Blues Jazz did the work. Composed the music and wrote the words. She also put the video together. Posted it to YouTube. I think that’s all the work. I merely supplied photographs.

This video is called Winter Blues, a unique, fun collaboration between me and composer-musician swo8 Blues Jazz.

It’s that time of year again and we’ve had our first blizzard. The forecast is for snow every day for the next six days, so I guess the season just got serious. This seems a good time to run this one again.

Winter in New England
Home in winter

Before this longest yet, ironically, shortest (by length of day) month is finished, I expect to have many more winter photographs. But it will end. It always has. So far!

It’s sort of almost spring … right?

13 thoughts on “THE WINTER BLUES – SWO8 BLUES JAZZ AND A BLIZZARD

1. Garry Armstrong January 6, 2018 / 1:04 pm

Leslie and you — a swell team!

• Garry Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 11:23 am

Leslie, it has the makings of another oldie type movie — “Marilyn and Leslie — The Blues Sisters” we can have Peggy Lee and Ella Fitzgerald do vocals for the sound track. Ida Lupino will direct. You can select your co-stars/leading men from Sinatra, Dana Andrews, Kirk Douglas, Robert Alda, John Garfield, and others depending on your budget. Call your people for a green light session. Do NOT call Harvey Weinstein or you can include me out. Hoagy Carmichael wants in. He told me over drinks at Butch’s place last night.

• swo8 January 7, 2018 / 12:32 pm

Why not go with Hoagy? “The Blues Sisters” I like that. What do you say Marilyn?

• Garry Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 12:54 pm

Leslie, don’t think she has noticed. She’s sitting next to me but far. far away. Hoagy would work. Stardust memories.

• swo8 January 7, 2018 / 1:46 pm

That old Stardust is magic. (You better mention it to her if we’re going to do this)

• swo8 January 7, 2018 / 1:47 pm

and what about the “Blues Sisters”?…..

• Marilyn Armstrong January 6, 2018 / 5:46 pm

Every time winter rolls around … We need something to keep us busy until the thaw 🙂 We’re all serious northerners!

• Garry Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 11:33 am

“If Winter Comes” (’48/MGM) Walter Pidgeon, Deborah Kerr, Angela Lansbury and introducing Janet Leigh as “Essie”. Dir: George Cukor