HOME-BOUND ODDBALLS

Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: January 7, 2018

Face and feature by wire

It has been really cold around these parts, though beginning tomorrow, it’s supposed to warm up. So although today is minus something or other, by next Friday it will be a lovely, springlike 50 and the entire world will be a mass of sucking mud.

Taken to show Judy where her lovely diorama is located on my living room wall, it also made an interesting photo

I haven’t been doing much shooting and Garry’s pictures simply don’t fit into the oddball category. I think he deserves some kind of “frozen fingers” award for actually taking pictures in one of our more brutal patches of winter.

Let me retract my previous statement. Garry came in and from the staircase, took an entertaining portrait of me, my computer, and the winter living room.

So my oddballs are less odd than local. I’ve been inside. In this weather, people with heart valve replacements and asthma are cordially invited to stay home. Which is where I’ve been. Home.

A winter living room

11 thoughts on “HOME-BOUND ODDBALLS

1. Garry Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 1:52 pm

Nobody’s on the dog couch.! Where are they? WHAT are they doing? Put out a BOLO.

I like pic #1. Looks like Abby’s photograph of the Overlord.

Oddballs, indeed!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 2:54 pm

I liked the lines of the pictures, but not the texture or color. It is at least interesting 🙂

2. swo8 January 7, 2018 / 2:47 pm

That face and feature by wire is really neat, Marilyn. You don’t need to go outside for that.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 2:52 pm

I had the picture and it was not a good photograph of Kaity, but I liked the lines. It wasn’t sharp enough to turn into a line drawing, so I just kept playing with it until I found something I liked. As I said, I liked the lines.

There are a lot of things you can do inside, if you think of it. In the winter, I think about it quite a bit because this is where I am 🙂

• swo8 January 7, 2018 / 2:55 pm

I’m staying in as much as possible too. So the face was Kaity’s? It’s very artistic.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 2:59 pm

I didn’t like the texture or colors of the original and it wasn’t sharp enough to do as a black and white. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with it, so I probably tried a couple of dozen different formulas before I decided I like this one best. I would have liked black and white, but it was too gray to make a good monochrome.

• swo8 January 7, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Well it’s stunning.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 3:00 pm

I wasn’t getting your posts for a while. I picked up your links from other people’s posts, but while you were on my list, you just weren’t getting to me. You are back! I didn’t know if it was your ongoing wifi issues or something weird from WordPress. Both?

3. angloswiss January 7, 2018 / 5:32 pm

Looks very cosy at your place, wish there wasn’t an ocean in between us.