ART VERSUS LIFE? TRUTH? FICTION?

“For God’s Sake,” I shout at the giant naked bronze guy loping around my garden. “Put something on! You can’t go running around like that!”the thinker

It’s already too late. I can hear the sirens getting closer and I know those evil neighbors are getting me back for all the nights when my dogs barked and wouldn’t shut up. I glare at Bonnie. She grins.

“Quick, hurry,” I urge him. “Here, take this shirt. It should fit you.”

It doesn’t. The bronze guy is huge. The pants are hopelessly small for him, even though they are big enough for me and a couple of good friends. Finally, in near despair, I throw him a blanket. He harrumphs and plunks his butt down on the big rock by the garage.

“Just stay very still,” I tell him. “Pretend you’re a statue. Even better? Pretend you are thinking. I’ll deal with the cops.”

It turns out he is very good at thinking. He had many previous years of experience. He likes it so much, he is still there as I write. Sitting on the big rock.

Thinking.

13 thoughts on “ART VERSUS LIFE? TRUTH? FICTION?

1. oldpoet56 January 10, 2018 / 1:05 am

Very nice piece of good humor, I enjoyed the read so I am going to reblog this for you.

2. angloswiss January 10, 2018 / 1:13 am

He is probably thinking about what style would suit him for clothes and cannot reach a decision. Good piece

• Marilyn Armstrong January 10, 2018 / 1:36 am

As long as he keeps thinking, I’m okay. It’s when he starts running around and they send the cops. He’s just so big and bronze!

• Garry Armstrong January 11, 2018 / 12:23 pm

“Big and bronze”? ….careful with that.

• queenofdanile January 12, 2018 / 12:03 pm

Woah!!!!

3. swo8 January 10, 2018 / 8:55 am

Wouldn’t that be nice – to have a Rodin in your garden. I always thought that was a very awkward position to think in, resting your right elbow on our left knee.

4. queenofdanile January 10, 2018 / 9:20 am

If I had that big boy in my yard, I’d put him to work as the gardener. Think of all the labor he could accomplish. And stone fences built. And snow shoveled.

• Garry Armstrong January 11, 2018 / 12:24 pm

Queen, I’ve seen the movie…years ago …. at the Adult cinema.

• queenofdanile January 12, 2018 / 9:04 am