10 Cool Inventions That Are Saving The Earth

These are great little inventions. I don’t know how many of them we’d need to fix our world, but it’s at least a little bit of a start.

ScienceSwitch

The damage mankind has done to the earth’s ecosystem by dumping plastic wastes alone is beyond horrible. But thanks to scientists who stood up to fight it alongside their inventions. These are 10 inventions that are saving the Earth.

Video via – Tech Insider

View original post

23 thoughts on “10 Cool Inventions That Are Saving The Earth

1. BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com January 16, 2018 / 3:01 pm

These ideas are sensational! Still wrapping my brain around the water bubbles, but the other ideas are astounding to me. So very cool! πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 3:24 pm

I know they are using the garbage collectors. Mexico has a lot of them already. The bubbles sound like an idea whose time hasn’t yet come πŸ™‚

2. twogalsandabook January 16, 2018 / 3:20 pm

The only the one that has been a bit of the problem is the rubber crumb for tires. They were using it on playgrounds and athletic fields, and then they started to see an alarming number (way out of proportion to the rest of society) of children soccer players getting leukemia. They know their is a link between the rubber crumb and cancer. I did see though were a lot of states were using shredded tires and mixing it with asphalt to pave roads. One city road being paved in this way can eliminate many hundreds of garbage tires. Great post! I will reblog! : )

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 3:24 pm

Paving material sounds like a better idea. Maybe it will make the road a little bit stretchy to deal with ice and heat.

• twogalsandabook January 16, 2018 / 3:27 pm

I agree! May have a bit more give?

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 3:47 pm

I know they use an expandable kind of semi-paving in Vermont where frost heaves destroy normal roads. This might do something similar.

• twogalsandabook January 16, 2018 / 3:54 pm

I wonder, would it save money as well?

3. twogalsandabook January 16, 2018 / 3:24 pm

It is not allowing me to reblog! I wonder why?

• twogalsandabook January 16, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Oh– I would have much rather done your post, as I like your insights, and would have loved bringing attention to your blog! : )

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 3:46 pm

That’s OK. I have SO much stuff on here … if you’re looking for something, anything, someone probably wrote about it already. There are pieces on here I wrote and don’t even remember writing. But then again, I can’t remember anything anymore.

• twogalsandabook January 16, 2018 / 3:54 pm

LOL I know just how you feel! ; )

4. swo8 January 16, 2018 / 4:16 pm

There’s a lot of neat ideas there. I hope they become main stream.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 4:19 pm

I think the water garbage traps are in use in the U.S. and Mexico — I’ve seen the pictures. I don’t know about elsewhere, but they seem to work. I know that some manufacturers ARE making biodegradable packaging, but it is still far from common. BUT it exists and I have seen it. You’ve probably see biodegradable/edible “peanuts” for packing. They are pretty common these days. The rest, I’m not sure of but it’s nice to see that at least some of them are being used mainstream.

5. Tish Farrell January 16, 2018 / 4:38 pm

Brilliant! This gives one hope. Sea bins, glass bottles to beaches…

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 5:07 pm

I’m just glad to see anything that maybe means we’ll fix something somewhere. I’m so weary of watching every just keep getting worse. It’s depressing.

6. Taswegian1957 January 16, 2018 / 4:42 pm

I agree it would be great to see some of these ideas in common usage. I especially like the ideas for cleaning the garbage in the ocean but I’m guessing that the hardest part of selling that one will be who is going to pay for it out in international waters.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 5:06 pm

Mexico is using a bunch of them already … I think the U.S.A. is giving them a try, too. What they are going to DO with all that garbage is the real magic question.

• Taswegian1957 January 16, 2018 / 10:04 pm

True, I read stories about it being sold off to developing countries or ships sailing around with it. Collecting it is only half the problem unfortunately.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 17, 2018 / 12:11 am

We actually have a lot of problems figuring out what to do with hazardous waste of every kind. I wrote a manual for a company that created software to track hazardous waste vehicles. I learned more than I wanted to know about it. I’ll have to write about it one of these days. It’s just so damned DEPRESSING.