WHERE’S A GOOD LOOPHOLE WHEN I NEED ONE?

LOOPHOLE

noun
1. An ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules, as in: “They exploited tax loopholes.” synonyms: Means of evasion, means of avoidance; More
2. Historically, an arrow slit in a wall.
synonyms: Means of evasion, means of avoidance.
verb
1. Make arrow slits in (a wall or building).

I was sure this was going to turn out to be something to do with hooking wool or weaving cloth. Who knew it was about arrow slits?

Plenty of loopholes?

As for ambiguities and inadequacies in the law or rules, we seem to have more than enough of them to last through a wide variety of lifetimes.

Right now, I’m looking for a loophole that will let us buy groceries when we are out of money. The loopholes all seem to be in the wrong place. A loophole that give us free food until the next check arrives. Now THAT would be a loophole worth pursuing.

11 thoughts on “WHERE’S A GOOD LOOPHOLE WHEN I NEED ONE?

1. Martha Kennedy January 16, 2018 / 12:54 pm

“America, when can I go into the supermarket and buy what I need with my good looks?” 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 1:26 pm

You’d think a bright smile would be sufficient, wouldn’t you? But no problem. We have PLENTY of dog food. We may go hungry, but the furry ones will be just fine.

2. swo8 January 16, 2018 / 1:01 pm

They seem to have that one all closed up, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 1:39 pm

Yes, they do. If it weren’t going to snow later today, we’d go tomorrow, when there will actually BE money in our account. But the weather is supposed to turn. No idea if it is going to be one inch, three inches, a foot … or rain. Depending on where you look, it could be any or all of them … but dinner is going to get very dull very quickly without any vegetables or another except chicken remaining to eat … so shopping it is. There’s LOTS of dog food though. Can’t let the furry ones go hungry!

3. angloswiss January 16, 2018 / 1:47 pm

If you find that loophole with the food buying let me know. Try soaking the dog pellets in water, perhaps you can mash them, they are full of vitamins.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2018 / 1:50 pm

Yesterday, Duke turned his nose up at those pellets and refused — absolutely REFUSED — to eat them. Finally, I threw them away. I figure he’ll be a lot hungrier today. Of all our dogs, he is the one who thinks those pellets must be for some other creature. NOT him, surely.

Bonnie did that briefly, but hunger brought her back to her senses. We do mix leftovers with the food and yesterday, we didn’t have any leftovers. Duke apparently felt that we must have SOMETHING better in the fridge. He’s one stubborn dog!

4. BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com January 16, 2018 / 3:07 pm

The only type loophole for receiving food is that of “Food Stamps” through social service. At least that was my only means when I was homeless. As soon as my disability was approved, all of that was paid back. $177 was what I received per month. That was a difficult stretch even then. 😦

5. evilsquirrel13 January 17, 2018 / 11:01 am

Too many wormholes in this life and not enough loopholes…

6. lwbut January 17, 2018 / 11:21 am

Have you tried going next door and asking to borrow a cup of Butter chicken with rice and vegies?? 😉

Not sure about US cities but Aussie cities generally have at least one charity that hands out free food to those without! But that’s the city for you. Country regions mostly have to be self-sufficient it would seem? Winter in Mass is not the best place/time to grow your own huh? 😦