THE FORGOTTEN PHOTOS – GARRY ARMSTRONG

Marilyn found them. An entire folder of my pictures from January 2016 in Arizona. Apparently, they were never opened since she downloaded them.

Nice surprise. She fixed them up and here they are. Hope you like them!

JANUARY IN ARIZONA – YELLOW MOUNTAINS AND SUNSET

A cactus sunset – near the Superstitions

21 thoughts on “THE FORGOTTEN PHOTOS – GARRY ARMSTRONG

1. Roy February 3, 2018 / 1:10 am

Such beautiful pictures…touched my heart

• Marilyn Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 9:15 am

Garry is MOST fond of the cactus sunsets. He sees cowboys riding off into the sunset … the final sunset.

• Garry Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 12:17 pm

What a find! Thanks, Mrs. A.!!

• Garry Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 12:17 pm

Thanks, Roy. My favorite is — the last sunset.

• Roy February 3, 2018 / 12:25 pm

mine too…so many shades of emotions in one pic…thanks for sharing…

• Garry Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 12:31 pm

Roy, I could just see myself riding into the sunset. My heroes have always been cowboys.

• Roy February 3, 2018 / 1:04 pm

That is why the pics are so grt…it witholds ur feelings

2. Tish Farrell February 3, 2018 / 7:13 am

What a great find – not only the photos themselves, but the suddenly revisiting the moments when they were taken.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 9:14 am

I was thrilled. Garry was delighted. It was almost — ALMOST — as good as going back for one more visit 🙂

• Garry Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 12:19 pm

Yes, Tish. Marilyn’s great catch! That last sunset is my baby. I can see all those cinema shootouts over the years.

3. swo8 February 3, 2018 / 12:14 pm

It almost looks like the Sahara to me, great photos.

• Garry Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 12:29 pm

Leslie, I remember seeing and taking the shot, thinking “The LAST SUNSET” (’59/UI) Kirk Douglas, Rock Hudson, Dorothy Malone, Carol Lynley, Joseph Cotten, Neville Brand, Jack Elam.
      Robert Aldrich directed..3 years before he did “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?”

Kirk was the classic, singing Irish villain, Brendan O’Malley, dressed all in black. He fell in love with his daughter, Carol Lynley. Rock was Rock the hero, Dana Stribling. Kirk carried a hidden derringer in his belt. The last sunset shootout was a beaut. Great crane pull out shot at the end.

How do I remember all this stuff from a movie I first saw almost half a century ago?

• swo8 February 3, 2018 / 12:36 pm

Long term memory is the last to go Garry…..chuckle…don’t worry we’re all heading in the same direction.

• Garry Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 12:47 pm

Driftin’ along…with the tumbleweeds….

4. fromsandyknob February 3, 2018 / 3:21 pm

Reminds me of a couple winter trips we made to Arizona… Last a couple years ago when we flew into Phoenix to visit friends and then took a one day road trip up to the rim , around and down when I got my little kokopelli painting on rock that lives in my kitchen., the other when we went to New Mexico and drove across to Arizona and visited the petrified forest and adjacent parks..

• Marilyn Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 3:44 pm

We took one trip to Arizona in the summer — which was an ecological experience — and the other in January, two years ago. I loved being there. I think it’s too dry for me all the time, but my body really appreciated the dry, warm air. My back hurt less and my sinuses finally dried up. But we northeasters tend to need to be near water. I need an occasional ocean breeze 🙂

• Garry Armstrong February 4, 2018 / 1:31 pm

Sandy, Bet that was a wonderful trip. Did you see Duke Mantee in the Petrified Forest?

5. Rebel Guy February 3, 2018 / 11:33 pm

I like the old saloon/hotel/ giftshop.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 3, 2018 / 11:53 pm

It was a ghost town/gold mine/tourist joint. But it had an incredible view of the Superstitions, too … You know, I have a genuine fondness for tourist joints. They have places to eat, convenient places to buy stuff. Parking. Shade. Places to take pictures and chairs for the less hardy amongst us. And toilets. Which can be very hard to find, out there in the wilds. Just saying.