TENDING TO EVERYTHING SORT OF

What doesn’t need tending?Β

Dogs and people. Plants and cleaning. Bills. Order, Re-orders. Writing. Reading. Writing about reading. Reading about writing. Reading everybody else’s stuff, but trying to find the typos in mine.

Reading a book during the day for a competition, but reading another one at night, because it’s beautiful and it deserves my attention. Not tending to the one I was reading before the next one I just started reading, but stopping the reading I’m doing because I want to listen to a little of that other, sillier book.

I am tending to everything and trying to figure out if Duke is injured or just playing with me, so I made a date with the vet tomorrow afternoon. I should be calling the guy fixing our car to find out when it will be ready. I’m sure I should be doing something else too, but I don’t remember what.

I’m tending to me, tending to him, tending to them and I think I need to go to the bathroom. I will tend to that very soon.

21 thoughts on “TENDING TO EVERYTHING SORT OF

1. evilsquirrel13 February 8, 2018 / 2:51 pm

Hope the doggy is OK and doesn’t need any more than the usual amount of tending to…

• Marilyn Armstrong February 8, 2018 / 4:00 pm

I think he’s playing me. Because he IS using that foot sometimes, but never when he thinks I can see him. He’s messing with us. Rascally dog!

2. Covert Novelist February 8, 2018 / 3:05 pm

Yep, that’s a lot of tending! lol. Love the write up, Marilyn. :):):)

• Marilyn Armstrong February 8, 2018 / 3:59 pm

This is a ridiculous month. I keep trying to do everything, but I can’t. So … I sort of drew the line at answering comments. That’s about the distance I can stretch πŸ™‚

• Covert Novelist February 8, 2018 / 4:11 pm

We love you, your in our daily thoughts fo rwhat it’s worth πŸ™‚

3. swo8Leslie February 8, 2018 / 3:10 pm

You’re a busy lady and I bet Duke is playing you.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 8, 2018 / 3:58 pm

He is definitely “toeing down” on that foot. I think he’s making a big deal out of nothing, but he’s doing a damned good job of it!

4. Donnalee February 8, 2018 / 3:13 pm

The origin of ‘tend’ was to stretch, I think (if my ancient Latin and Greek are correct), like in ‘extend’–and it’s the same root as ‘tender’ and ‘tendency’. I hope all your tasks do not exceed the extent of your patience or ability!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 8, 2018 / 3:57 pm

I’ll just give up on something. When it gets ridiculous — like now — I just stop doing something. In this case, probably trying to read everyone else’s posts. There are only so many hours in a day, extended or otherwise πŸ™‚

5. calmkate February 8, 2018 / 3:13 pm

lol great take on the prompt ,,, might need to slow down as I’m tending to feel tired from all that tending you’re pretending to do!

• calmkate February 8, 2018 / 3:56 pm

lol keep on, the humour will keep you afloat amidst all the turmoil πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong February 8, 2018 / 6:50 pm

And more that isn’t getting done than is. I think I’m in over my head …

6. Martha Kennedy February 8, 2018 / 5:30 pm

Looks like a serious tending tendency that you might want to tend to when you get the chance. πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong February 8, 2018 / 6:51 pm

I know what you mean … Thank you. I try. I feel like I’m being swallowed by everything I’m tending πŸ™‚

7. loisajay February 8, 2018 / 7:45 pm