THE BIG MILITARY PARADE: A GARRY ARMSTRONG PRODUCTION

I can see it all.

Agent Orange will dress as a military general with lots of fruit on his shoulders when they hold his big parade.  I’m seeing Sterling Hayden and George C. Scott  (“Dr. Strangelove”) in this scenario.
Imagine, if you will, the wonderful, amazing “coming attractions” they could produce for this bigly event!

TRUMP: THE MAN, THE MYTH AND THE LEGEND

2018/MGM-Warner Bros

Starring:

JOHN WAYNE, GARY COOPER, HENRY FONDA, ERNEST BORGNINE, ROBERT RYAN, LEE MARVIN, JOHN MILLS, JOHN GIELGUD, LAURENCE OLIVIER, PETER O’TOOLE, OMAR SHARIF, GERT FROBE,
RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH, STEVE McQUEEN, YUL BYRNNER, CHARLES BRONSON

With

ROB GRONKOWSKI as “TRUMP”

A SAM PECKINPAH, OLIVER STONE PRODUCTION.

28 thoughts on “THE BIG MILITARY PARADE: A GARRY ARMSTRONG PRODUCTION

1. Tish Farrell February 9, 2018 / 4:39 am

Trouble is, this seems only a hair’s breadth away from reality. Or not even that much.

• Garry Armstrong February 9, 2018 / 12:29 pm

Tish, that’s the scary part.

• Garry Armstrong February 9, 2018 / 12:30 pm

Good one. he’s looking for “The Wild Bunch”.

2. Covert Novelist February 9, 2018 / 12:41 pm

LMAO OMG Truly amazing. My son and I were discussing this “event” when it was first suggested and your images depict exactly what we thought about it. I don’t sincerely know whether to laugh or cry. C R A Z Y!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 9, 2018 / 2:16 pm

It is a lot of money spent to help expand Trump’s narcissism — not that he needs our help. What you could do with that money that would REALLY help people. Shame on him and on us for allowing it.

• Covert Novelist February 9, 2018 / 2:22 pm

It is as Garry depicted….didn’t Hitler, Mussolini, Korea and China all have parades – touting their military strength? Scary that he falls in line with that scenerio isn’t it?

• Garry Armstrong February 12, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Covert, crazy so quickly becomes real that this stuff has a very short shelf life.

• Covert Novelist February 12, 2018 / 3:33 pm

That is true, scarily true! and again I have to laugh cause well, it’s so true.

3. Globug February 9, 2018 / 12:57 pm

While I respect your right to your humor, our Military has been so weakened that I glad to see at least a bit of respect for our Military restored. I have one son who is career military and has spent 13 years off and on in Afghanistan with the 82nd Airborne. My grandson is now in the Navy and has expectations of making this his career also. Obama and the Democrats have so demoralized the men and women who serve, I am surprised that any still choose to lay their lives on the line for our country. It’s so easy to make fun of everything and anything Trump does, but the truth of the matter is that there are now more jobs, increases in wages and bonuses, unemployment is down, and he has started to do something about the illegals that are sapping our resources. The investigations into the Russian connection have been shown to be not only false but based on lies from Obama and the Clintons and shown to be lies paid for by the Clintons.. Trump faces more crap every single day than any President in history and the clearly biased media is happy to show him in the worst light they can – true or not. The latest is the video showing that he is nearly bald.. Can you imagine having one of your faults, one that you are self-conscious about, exposed to the world and made fun of? It is the height of cruelty and I for one am ashamed that America has sunk so low as to encourage this type of disrespect to go viral.Trump is our President – our UNPAID President. He deserves a leat an ounce of respect.

• Garry Armstrong February 9, 2018 / 2:07 pm

Glo, thanks for your comments. Honestly, it’s nice to hear someonewho doesn’t agree. It’s refreshing.

Yes, there IS lots of Trump bashing. It is what it is, as Bill Bellichick, the New England Patriots Coach, says frquently. Bashing goes with the territory when you are a public figure. I got a fair amount of it as a local TV news reporter. It is part of the so-called “celebrity” stuff. You have to have thick skin if you are a public figure. It isn’t always applause and “atta-boys”.

As for Trump and the military, I’ll keep it personal. I come from a family of men who served. My Gramps was in the Navy in World War 1. My Dad saw overseas action as an Army Sgt in World War two. I put in a brief stint in the Marines in the late 50’s. My time was cut short because I’m hard of hearing.

I RESPECT our military. I don’t get that same sincere sense from our Commander-In-Chief.

S/F! Glo.

• Globug February 9, 2018 / 8:30 pm

As I told Matilyn, we must agree to disagree, but I likes y’all anywho! LOL I’m just glad that we CAN agree to disagree – have lost some friends that didn’t agree that friends don’t have to agree on everything… Thanks!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 9, 2018 / 2:14 pm

I don’t see how a military parade in any way aids the military. Take that same money and improve Veteran’s benefits. Give vets some help in overcoming PTSD. Help the homeless vets find a decent place to live. THAT would be helping. The only person “helped” by a military parade is Trump’s overblown and fragile ego.

He never served. He shows little respect for the true military. He just likes the idea of blowing shit up. That’s not respect. That’s a child playing with toys … except HIS toys can REALLY blow us up.

Our president is a not worthy of my respect. He is a moron who can’t read his own intelligence briefings . There’s no shame on me. He is not worthy of my respect or frankly, anybody’s.

• Globug February 9, 2018 / 8:27 pm

We must agree to disagree on this one. I like you anyway! LOL

• Globug February 9, 2018 / 8:33 pm

PS…How’s your pup? Did you have to take him to the vet?

• Marilyn Armstrong February 9, 2018 / 8:43 pm

He’s on all fours today. If he would stop trying to fly, he would improve faster. The vet suggested we buy him a cape. Maybe wings, too.

• Globug February 10, 2018 / 11:49 pm

Too funny! lol

• Marilyn Armstrong February 10, 2018 / 12:19 pm

I’m trying to find something funny about this. It really is like a little kid trying to get his toy soldiers to march for him. Except they aren’t toys. Which makes it a lot LESS funny.

• Garry Armstrong February 10, 2018 / 1:28 pm

Nothing funny beyond the intital “Really?….let the child have his parade”. jibe/response.

It’s quite scary when you look at those other “leaders” who insist on military parades.

MID TERMS, People!!! Get out and do your job!

4. evelyneholingue February 9, 2018 / 8:01 pm

Since France is having a yearly military parade on July 14th I can hardly comment. I liked it that the USA, my adoptive homeland, didn’t have such parades. I really, really hope that t won’t happen.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 9, 2018 / 8:44 pm

What bothers me most about it is the huge cost which benefits no one. Give that money to the vets that need it. Improve their health care. Help them find housing. Send them to shrinks to help them deal with their PTSD. But a military parade benefits no one except our infant president. His toy soldiers get to march for him. Oh boy.

• Garry Armstrong February 12, 2018 / 2:19 pm

“March of the Wooden Soldiers”