NEW TOPIC AND A NEW PHOTOGRAPH FOR A PHOTO A WEEK

A Photo a Week Challenge: New Photo, Open Topic

If Nancy hasn’t been taking many pictures, I can really relate to that. I have taken a few, here and there, but mostly not much. Part of the problem is that I’m really busy, but it’s also the middle of the winter and there’s isn’t much to shoot.

Meanwhile, Garry hasn’t felt well and intermittently, neither have I. There’s some kind of stomach bug going around. He gets it, I get it. He gets it back. I get it back. My son had it. My granddaughter had it. Actually, it is possible that EVERYONE in town has had it so every time we go out for any reason, we come home with “IT.” Whatever “IT” is. The doctor seemed to think it was a version of the flu, intestinal.

It has certainly taken the verve out of our days and made us want to do nothing more than sleep, sleep, sleep. I’m not much of a sleeper, but for an insomniac, I’ve been tired.

In between all of that, I’ve got a lot of stuff to do and for once, it’s on a deadline.

I hate deadlines. They remind me of the bad old days, also known as “work.” You know. Having to get there on time? Do something for hours, then drive a hundred miles home? That kind of bad old days.

But in response to Nancy’s call to action, I took out my smallest, least intrusive camera and took a couple of dozen pictures. Some more of the Christmas cactus … and a few of the back porch which has some icy snow on it.

We got weather yesterday. It was supposed to be a lot of snow, but it turned out to be a little snow, a lot of rain, a good deal of ice. What’s left on the deck look like it would crackle if you step on it.

I did not step on it.

10 thoughts on “NEW TOPIC AND A NEW PHOTOGRAPH FOR A PHOTO A WEEK

1. Tish Farrell February 10, 2018 / 5:23 am

A beguiling shot – the wood view through the rails. I hope you’re both feeling better soon. It’s a low time of the year too. Sun shortage really kicking in. Sleep is good though.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 10, 2018 / 12:16 pm

I don’t remember any February during which we felt good. It really must be the time of year. It’s also pretty uninspiring, visually. Everything is grey, brown, and white.

• Garry Armstrong February 10, 2018 / 1:17 pm

I LOVE the shadows on the back porch floor. Kind of color noir. Could be Harry Lime’s place.

And, I’m still “off my game”. I hate this.

2. swo8Leslie February 10, 2018 / 11:39 am

I was looking and looking at the photos and couldn’t quite think of where it might be. Everything looked so regular and then you mentioned it was your deck. Ah ha! I hope you are feeling better soon.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 10, 2018 / 12:16 pm

I was, then I wasn’t. This is one of those bugs that comes and goes. I hear that all the flu bugs are doing that this year. Swell, eh? But it more or lest goes away for a few days at a time. Better than nothing. Garry feels like he’s constantly at the end of a marathon run.

• Garry Armstrong February 10, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (’63) Tom Courtenay.

3. Rich Paschall February 10, 2018 / 1:47 pm

We got a lot of snow. It was the biggest snowfall in over a year. I have no desire to go out and get pictures, however.

4. nancy merrill February 12, 2018 / 12:06 pm

Thank you for indulging me even when you’re not feeling your best. Hope you and Garry feel better soon. :/ The ice on the deck is so interesting, and the shadows add greatly to the whole affect of the shots. Thanks for joining the challenge!