BETTER MACROS – MORE CHRISTMAS CACTUS IN BLOOM

BETTER CHRISTMAS CACTUS PICTURES

The light was better because it was the morning. With gritty determination,

One more set of pictures on a sunny day. I think these are better. Sharper, anyway.

The radiant cactus!

With an f2.8 lens, you need the extra light. That’s the answer, I guess.

Two cacti in bloom

One of the interesting things to note is that the color is quite different based on the lens I was using … and the light at that time of day. It is much warmer in the morning, colder in the afternoon. So the blossoms were more red at night, more orange in the morning.

Also, come to think of it, for the macros, I had the overhead light on, so there was incandescent light in the room, too. That would add a lot of yellow and orange.

15 thoughts on “BETTER MACROS – MORE CHRISTMAS CACTUS IN BLOOM

• Garry Armstrong February 11, 2018 / 1:32 pm

waiting….for that sunny day.

1. angloswiss February 11, 2018 / 12:43 am

Perfect. My Christmas cactus gave up after 6 flowers

• Marilyn Armstrong February 11, 2018 / 12:48 am

This is a huge bloom. Mine don’t usually bloom so much or last this long. Maybe because it was so late this year. Usually, it blooms in November or early December, but it was the beginning of February when it finally set buds. It’s still blooming, too. Both plants, now.

2. Covert Novelist February 11, 2018 / 3:39 am

These ate beautiful shots and the plant is SO lo fly. Tyvm4 sharing

3. fromsandyknob February 11, 2018 / 9:48 am

Great pictures!!! and descriptions… Love the Christmas cactus.

4. swo8Leslie February 11, 2018 / 11:03 am

Very nice – the special effects, It’s quite a complicated flower structure.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 11, 2018 / 12:53 pm

It’s why I like that effect. You can really see the complexity of the flowers. They are really interesting.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 11, 2018 / 9:25 pm

Some of them are true macros, others are just close ups. My macro is f2.8, so it needs pretty good light and I hate the light I get from flash and incandescent lighting. Sometimes, I just use the fastest lens I can and get really really close πŸ˜€

• Rebel Girl February 11, 2018 / 11:05 pm

I know what you mean. I don’t use the one on my camera anymore. My husband got me some ring shaped one that fits on the front. It’s pretty neat, it has a dimmer, can light just one side or the other.
        I love the lighting you got with the close-ups.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 11, 2018 / 11:29 pm

I love when my macro works, but it’s such a pain in the butt to work with. When it works, it’s amazing, but it tries my patience.

I love the lighting too, especially because in this case, it’s backlighting, so it shines through the flowers.