Sometimes, I answer questions. There’s no reason why. I used to answer all the quizzes in magazines, too. I never knew why I did it since I never thought the questions were enlightening. It was like doing a really easy crossword puzzle.
So here are some questions and my answers. Feel free to write your own answers. Or not.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I hate paying bills. That’s pretty much global. The bigger the bill, the more I don’t want to pay. But to be fair, I don’t have any particular personal hatred for a particular bill. They are all just bills.
2. When was the last time you had a romantic dinner?
The only romantic dinner is sushi — eaten OUT.
3. What do you really want to be doing?
Visiting New Zealand, then Australia, then Hawaii. After that, Europe with a strong emphasis on the wine country of France, Italy, and the stone circles in the British Isles.
4. How many colleges did you attend?
One — from which I graduated.
5. Why did you choose the shirt you have on?
It was on the hanger in front of me. I wish I had a better reason.
6. Thoughts on gas prices?
Gas is just one of those things. You need it? You buy it. When the price goes up, we travel less. It’s like electricity and heat. A utility.
7. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning?
No alarm. Not in a long time. We use an alarm only if we have to get up really early and that is always because of some medical thing.
8. Last thought you have before you go to bed?
I don’t have one. One minute I’m listening to a book, the next thing I’m waking up to go to the bathroom.
9. Do you miss being a child?
10. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
I’m not really thrilled about any chores or errands, but I think cleaning clogged drains is the most disgusting.
11. Up early or sleep in?
Late to bed, late to rise. It’s the best part of retirement — along with not working and not using an alarm clock.
12. Pet’s names?
13. Favorite lunch meat?
Roast beef. But I’m also a very big eater of leftovers. I get tired of sandwiches.
14. What do you get every time at Wal-Mart?
I don’t visit Wal-Mart, though I do order non-perishable food from there. They deliver and one of the things they deliver are sports drinks. I drink quite a lot of them because that’s what I have to drink due to a blood sodium deficiency. Crates of drinks are pretty cheap there. They are also shockingly heavy, so the delivery is a big help.
15. Beach or lake?
We live in a river valley.
16. Is marriage overrated?
It depends on who you are married to. Or were married to. Or are planning to marry. There are good ones, bad ones, and a billion mediocre ones.
17. Ever crashed your vehicle?
Banged it up. Gotten hit by other vehicles. Crash? As in hard enough to make the car no longer drivable? I think once, but I’m not sure. I don’t know if any accident I’ve had has totaled the car. Garry has totaled at least one — and unfortunately, the car he totaled was mine. I really loved that car, but it probably saved his life.
18. Strangest place you’ve brushed your teeth?
Probably a grass hut in the Sinai desert.
19. Somewhere you’ve never been but want to go?
New Zealand. Australia. Hawaii. Paris. Rome.
20. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?
21. How old are you?
22. Do you have a go to person?
What does that mean? Go to for what?
23. Are you where you want to be in life?
I’m old. I’m alive. I’m not dying of anything I know about. My husband is alive and pretty healthy. We’ve got dogs.
24. Growing up what were your favorite cartoons?
We weren’t allowed to watch TV as kids so that a non-answer.
25. What do you think has changed about you since you were a teenager?
Everything. What hasn’t changed might be a better question.