How did the daylily become our best classic summer flower. It grows everywhere.
You can see it by the sides of the road, in our gardens, in vacant lots and even in the woods.
You can see fancy Chinese ones sometimes, but the classic deep orange daylily rules New England in the heart of our summer.
We always have a lot of daylilies, but this year, I think we have EVEN more than usual … which is a lot of daylilies. Probably all the rain. This will be the first week we have gone more than two days without rain! The first time since … last August maybe?
So. In the middle of June, we hopped down to the Curleys and hung out at the marina. It was a bit too rough to go out and to be fair, I’m just as happy in the marina as anywhere else. Being along the water is a treat, no matter what we are doing.
I took a bunch of pictures there and didn’t even get around to processing them. So here’s one … blue sky, blue canvas boat cover, blue water.
Cheryl (aka, The Bag Lady) published a list of 40 questions labeled “odd things about me” that she received from her sister. 40 seems like a lot of questions, but they’re short and don’t require a whole lot of thought. Short works for me, so like Fandango, I figured I give them a try. I’ve got all this blog space coming up and my head seems rather empty of creative ideas. I added question 28. It seemed wrong to leave the list at 39.
1. Do you like blue cheese?Yes. But it’s an acquired taste. I like it on toast or crumbled in a salad.
2. Coke or Pepsi? Coke.
3. Do you own a gun?Nope.
4. What flavor of Kool-aid?Yuck.
5. Hot dogs?Garry loves them. I’ll eat them, but it’s not a favorite food.
6. Favorite TV show? “Rake” was my favorite for a long time — and I’m still hoping they’ll put up one more year. At the moment? We are re-watching MidSomer Murders. But before that, Good Omens was really good — and before that? Lucifer. Whatever I’m binge-watching is probably my current favorite.
7. Do you believe in ghosts?No.
8. What do you drink in the morning?Coffee.
9. Can you do a push-up?No. I’m afraid my heart will fall out.
10. Favorite jewelry? All my Native American jewelry. Especially earrings.
11. Favorite Hobby?Writing and photography. At this point, they are equal.
12. Do you have ADD?No, but I have lots of other cool chronic illnesses.
13. Do you wear glasses?Only when I need to see anything.
14. Favorite cartoon character? George of the Jungle.
15. Three things you did today?Ate, made dinner and listened to the thunder and the pelting rain mixed with sunshine. Weird weather.
16. Three drinks you drink regularly?Coffee, Coke, sports drinks, fruit juice.
17. Current movies?Haven’t been to the movies much and what I’ve seen hasn’t exactly overwhelmed me. Some of it’s not bad, but nothing seemed all that special.
18. Do you believe in magic?I wish. I’d like to believe, but I don’t.
19. Favorite place to be? Home.
20. How do you ring in the New Year?Watching the festivities at the Boston Hatch Shell and the fireworks. Kissing Garry while the dogs kiss us.
21. Travel? Where would you go?Paris, England (the parts I missed the first time), maybe the French wine country — then probably New Zealand. and, should I live that long, Australia.
22. Name five people who will most likely read this?No doubt the same handful of people who read most of my stuff. There are obviously others, but I don’t know who they are.
23. Favorite movie?I have a long list: Casablanca, The Lion in Winter, Tombstone, A Mighty Wind … and so many others and almost anything made by Mel Brooks.
24. Favorite color?Deep blue at the moment, but it changes depending on my mood.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?No. They are slippery. The only time they were on the bed (not MY bed!), I fell out. As I said, slippery.
26. Can you whistle?No.
27. Where are you now?Home.
28. Where were you yesterday?Home.
29. Favorite food?Shrimp tempura.
30. Least favorite chore?Cleaning the toilets.
31. Best job you can think of?Best-selling novelist whose best-selling novel got sold to the movies for a buttload of money.
32. What’s in your pockets?Nothing. No pockets.
33. Last thing that made you laugh?Last night, rereading Terry Pratchett’s “Thud.”
34. Favorite animal? My dogs. But I’ve loved cats, horses, ferrets, and parrots, too.
35. What’s your most recent injury?Lying wrongly while I slept — then having to get out of that position and stand up until all the parts fell back into place.
36. How many TV’s are in your house? Three, but the third one is leftover. Can’t get rid of it and refuse to pay to have it taken away.
37. Worst pain ever?Waking up after spine surgery. Followed by waking up after heart surgery.
38. Do you like to dance?Nope.
39. Are your parents still alive?No.
40. Do you enjoy camping?Only in a screened house and even then, I really hated the outhouse. I could deal with the rest of it. But now? I want hot water. A comfortable bed. And NO bugs.
To participate in the Ragtag Daily Prompt, create a Pingback to your post, or copy and paste the link to your post into the comments. And while you’re there, why not check out some of the other posts too!