The pandemic has given all of us a lot of time to reflect, but I’ve found reflections aren’t always my best choice. Also, I’ve got a lot more than five things to repeat to myself. There must be at least a hundred. Meanwhile, here are five I can remember:
- Be good to yourself. No one else has time because they are too busy being good to themselves.
- Feed the birds unless the deck is full of grackles. If all you can see are grackles, tell the grackles to leave. THEN feed the birds.
- CALL THE DENTIST WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TEETH.
- Start combing through that pile of what used to be important papers and find the REALLY important papers. You do not need old tax records from the 1980s and 1990s. Really. You don’t. Also, try and find the deed to the house.
- You are allowed to do something other than writing or taking pictures for your blog. It’s okay to do other things. Repeat this mantra frequently, then sit down and write something for your blog.
I’ve got so much more that should be on this list. Unfortunately, I can’t remember what they are.